+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    i think if you are asking the question then there is a good chance you will regret it later in life if you didn't do it.

I also think there is never a right time to have kids…..you will know the answer in your heart when it is the right time.

Best of luck & I have a feeling you will go ahead & have another one sometime soon
    Aww you just gave me warm fuzzies in my tummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I've heard the 'you only regret the children you don't have' line many times. But what if you have another child and resent it? The lack of sleep, the nappies, wrestling two cranky children on bad days ...

It's my biggest fear when we discuss another child. Thinking 'oh hell, one really was better for us'.

The oldr DD gets the further we are away from another one I think.
    How old is your DD? Our DS would be a few months away from turning 4 by the time another baby would arrive, which is a fair gap between babies. It is a bit scary thinking of a tiny baby again - I've probably forgotten so much! I haven't felt like another baby until now though, so obviously this sort of gap would be right for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She's almost 3.5. I always said I wanted a gap of at least 4 years but now i think if we were serious about another we should have done it sooner just do we weren't through all the annoying stuff!

I suspect though I have always talked about a bigger gap because I was so hesitant at the though of more than one. So at the time it was to allow plenty of time in between babyhoods, but now it is just highlighting how far back we'd be going.

Sigh. It's so fraught.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After DS was born I said that I didn't want anymore. Its only been quite recently that I've starting thinking differently.

I think that around a 4 year age gap would be fantastic! I don't know if we can wait that long, but I would mind it if we could! You get to have that one on one time with the baby that you had with your first (while your first is at kindy), at that age a 4 year old will have their own interests, activities etc (instead of being your shadow), they would also have a better understanding of the attention a baby needs as opposed to a 2 year old, & also your first will love kindy for they break from all the baby time & get to play with kids their own age

It would certainly take some adjusting. Its like an entire new relationship & lifestyle that has to be built from scratcg. I think I would really miss having that alone time with DS & being with a new baby for most days. I'd definitely make a huge effort to have some alone time with DS for me, & so he didn't feel like that that was all over.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blonde Assassin For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two beautiful sons and said yep that is it for us!!!! My DH was booked to have the snip.... The weekend before I told him that I had been thinking for a while about another baby. He wasn't sure so we canceled the op on the morning of to have a think about it and.... bub #3 due any day!! My boys are 7 and 5, so there is a big gap but a nice gap!
    Take you time and think about it. I think you have already answered you own question just by questioning yourself about it in the first place! Good luck :-)
    Last edited by Missy2579; 02-03-2012 at 21:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As others have said, if you are asking the question, then it seems you probably would regret not having another. I always felt no choice about having a second. if nothing else, i want to double the chance of having family around me later. This sounds kinda cold, but you are putting all your eggs in one basket with one kid.

I also dont understand how having a second kid would mean that you could go from having what sounds like quite an extravagant lifestyle to no extras, unless im drastically underestimating how much a second child will cost! i hope not since im having mine in the next couple of weeks!! surely it would just mean cutting back on some of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh I'm so glad you posted this blonde assassin! My little boy is 2 years and 3 months and also called Noah! and after never even considering #2 I've just started thinking I would love to give Noah a brother or sister. I'm nervous though to go back to the beginning as I feel like Noah was such an easy baby. He started sleepin through the night from 12 weeks and still does! I also had complications during labour and hemorrhaged just after he was born and nearly died. Was rushed to surgery because no one could stop the bleeding. I've very scared it will happen again. But I feel the baby bells calling me again....

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a hard question. You should talk to ur partner about it, he might have the same feelings.

Private school isn't amazing, I was bullied more at private than public. Finances always change if you have one kid or five.

If you had problems with your birth and prenatal depression at least you know now so you can try and prevent it.

If your happy with one child, that's great if you want more than that's great too.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Some days I think.... holy moly we were absolutely crazy to have five kids. Especially on the bad days....

But then I look at them and think.. "Okay... so which one of you WOULDN'T i have had"... and you can't choose... you can't make that choice, you love them all to bits and pieces.

And the mornings when they all wake up early and decide that they are going to completley clean their rooms, and make their own breakfasts, and get each other dressed so super quietly so when I get up to check on them coz they're all so quiet and I think they're asleep... I open the TV room and see all these dressed, fed, clean little boys

Or when they come home so excited because they've gone up a reading level, or played handball with a new friend, or made up a song they want to share.

So yeah... sometimes it's hard going back to nappies and sleepless nights, but that lasts for such a short time in the span of a life...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

Bohobaby  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww this thread makes me want no. 2 now lol. We are planning on ttc at the end of the year once DD turns 2. I say go for it!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub