+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    Hi kait, the bub gets the tarry poos, as he/she is the one treated for the jaundice, duffer!
    hahah sorry im a bit confused still only young hahah it so good that i met u on here as the doctor seems to have no idea hahah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Kait, no worries. Glad to be of assistance to someone! Every now and then, I really think I should study medicine. At least ten times recently I've been anle to diagnose problems that a GP couldn't, or put them on the right track, at least. It's because I have a good working knowledge of anatomy, and a massive file of medical trivia in my head.

Just the other day, I went to my GP with a screwed up shoulder. I was pretty sure I'd damaged or stressed the rotator cuff muscles. She said no, you've had no trauma to it. She thought it was frozen shoulder (no, cos I have full movement, just massive pain), when I said maybe it's bursitis (inflamed joint capsule, basically), she added that to her list of maybes, but I knew it wasn't that, as I've had that before and it's hideously painful in a diff way. After 3mins of prodding, she referred me for physio. I wasn't going to do that as was unsure whether to rest or move it. I walked out, got straight on the internet. Within 3mins, I'd confirmed my original suspicions about it being rotator cuff from the repetitive strain of lifting a hefty bub. 2days of rest and it was fine. You've gotta go with your gut feeling, sometimes.

Docs can only work within their experience and training, and sometimes they have limited experience of something and need to look something up if they've not seen it before or experienced it in a while. Often the best thing you can do is educate yourself. So good on you for asking your original Q in here, and I hope you've gone searching for answers in some medical websites. You'll get used to the medical lingo if you make an effort to understand it.

You asked if I'm ok, re the anti-d issue. I was fine, bub was fine, thriving in fact, and we'll see if the anti-d worked during that preg if I get preg again. Good luck to you for a safe delivery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    Hey Kait, no worries. Glad to be of assistance to someone! Every now and then, I really think I should study medicine. At least ten times recently I've been anle to diagnose problems that a GP couldn't, or put them on the right track, at least. It's because I have a good working knowledge of anatomy, and a massive file of medical trivia in my head.

Just the other day, I went to my GP with a screwed up shoulder. I was pretty sure I'd damaged or stressed the rotator cuff muscles. She said no, you've had no trauma to it. She thought it was frozen shoulder (no, cos I have full movement, just massive pain), when I said maybe it's bursitis (inflamed joint capsule, basically), she added that to her list of maybes, but I knew it wasn't that, as I've had that before and it's hideously painful in a diff way. After 3mins of prodding, she referred me for physio. I wasn't going to do that as was unsure whether to rest or move it. I walked out, got straight on the internet. Within 3mins, I'd confirmed my original suspicions about it being rotator cuff from the repetitive strain of lifting a hefty bub. 2days of rest and it was fine. You've gotta go with your gut feeling, sometimes.

Docs can only work within their experience and training, and sometimes they have limited experience of something and need to look something up if they've not seen it before or experienced it in a while. Often the best thing you can do is educate yourself. So good on you for asking your original Q in here, and I hope you've gone searching for answers in some medical websites. You'll get used to the medical lingo if you make an effort to understand it.

You asked if I'm ok, re the anti-d issue. I was fine, bub was fine, thriving in fact, and we'll see if the anti-d worked during that preg if I get preg again. Good luck to you for a safe delivery.
    thanks so much i hope all goes well and u seem very smart person have a nice week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cheers, Kait. I don't have the real smarts, just a kind of photographic memory for usually fairly useless info (big files of it in my mind) and the sometime ability to link it all together (a GREAT big directory that doesn't work that well anymore).

Hope the rest of your preg goes well.