+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally fine with it. My boy is very much a boy. However dd and I play dress ups, paint nails etc. so he loves joining in. Right now he is wearing shinny purple.

I think it's important for children to explore things regardless of gender.

I read somewhere that if children explore while young their less likely to feel confused or have issues through puberty.

I would love and respect either of my children regardless of if they are gay or straight so people worrying about that issue doesn't apply to us either. Which unfortunately alot of people feel when you allow your child to explore.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

GlitterFaerie  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally I don't like it. Don't like nail polish on men either. To me it just seems very feminine. If I see kindy or young kids with it on I just think they must have asked for it as mum was doing hers. And no I wouldn't paint my boys nails even if they asked.

Oh and it has nothing to do with homosexuality either. I just don't like the look of it on young kids.
    Last edited by FluffyDucks; 21-02-2012 at 13:24.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

Gruffalo  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have noticed its mostly dads who hate it.. My boy lived with 4 woman who never left the house with out it.. Its just what he knows..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Don't care, if that's what they want than so be it.

J has his nails done when I do mine & his sisters.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander if you ask me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleTime For This Useful Post:

sjay  (21-02-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't mind. I painted one of the little girls I look after's toes and her brother wanted his done but his mum said no

Boy was so sad and so was I. I also refused to say the reason he couldn't have it was because he's a boy.

My brother's love having their nails painted.

DP and I aren't exactly the most conservative of the lot anyway, but yesterday my cousin posted something on facebook about not buying her son the disney princess sandals he wanted after telling him he could pick one thing he loved from the shops and we both agreed if we said to our son "you can have one thing you want from the shop" and he choose disney princess shoes, we'd buy them for him.

I'm glad we're both on the same page with regards to gender stereotypes and heteronormativity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4.5 year old does like his hand & toes painted - but is a school now so cant really.

My 2 year old wont sit still so no he doesn't want them painted.

I dont think it is a bad thing at all. If it makes my sons happy then we are happy.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS always asks his Aunty to paint his nails for him (he's never seen me paint mine), and I don't care. At the moment he's sporting purple and green polish. He also has pink polkadot shoes which he picked out, dolls and a pink toy pram *shrugs*

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I get the urge to paint my nails... which is rare these days... I will have my little toddler with me and he will want to have it done too.

I love being able to spend the time with him and he sits still for once

I normally wear glitter shades... so last time we both had gold finger and toe nails... He loved going in the sun with it. My son also has long ringlets, he's never taken for a boy, I don't mind. Very proud of my pretty boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My little boy loves nail polish, but if its anything other than clear glitter, my DH would fly into a rage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Coop loves his done and i would paint them all the time. Not so much now he is at school though.

I copped alot of disappointing looks and being told he is gay several times because he is such a girl for wearing nail polish.

I want him to enjoy being a child

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub