+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wollongong here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, hope you don't mind me crashing your thread. I am in Brisbane with my partner, who is due in June. I was interested to hear what your children call you, we have been discussing this and are toying with the idea of mum (her) and ma (me). What does everyone think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi benfred how exciting for you and your dp, wish you the best. most people here are mummy and mama, as for me I let the kids work it out and so far they tossing between mama and our first names

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hers&Hers For This Useful Post:

benfred  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! We're from Melbourne and have two boys, a 2yo and a brand new 4 week old. DS1 is a chilled as little guy, and DS2 is now teaching us just how lucky we were with chilled DS1! Not much sleep or sanity in this house...

They call us Mummy (me) and Ima - pronounced eemah - (DP) which is Hebrew for mum. Though DS1 is being lazy and usually just calls her Ma :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jake's mum View Post
    Hi everyone! We're from Melbourne and have two boys, a 2yo and a brand new 4 week old. DS1 is a chilled as little guy, and DS2 is now teaching us just how lucky we were with chilled DS1! Not much sleep or sanity in this house...

They call us Mummy (me) and Ima - pronounced eemah - (DP) which is Hebrew for mum. Though DS1 is being lazy and usually just calls her Ma :-)
    Thats a great idea! At the moment ds calls me mum and my dp her first name (what he can pronounce anyway) I love that idea if we have another one!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Atizmum, we are very excited and can't wait for little one's arrival. That is a great idea Jake's Mum. We are worried about how we will cope with the lack of sleep. Best of luck to you. I suppose there is nothing we can do to prepare, we've been trying to catch up on as much as possible before the lack of sleep hits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by benfred View Post
    Thanks Atizmum, we are very excited and can't wait for little one's arrival. That is a great idea Jake's Mum. We are worried about how we will cope with the lack of sleep. Best of luck to you. I suppose there is nothing we can do to prepare, we've been trying to catch up on as much as possible before the lack of sleep hits.
    Oh how I wish catching up on sleep before could help! But you never know... DS1 was a really easy baby and slept in 4-5 hour blocks 11pm-11am - we were very well rested. Unfortunately DS2 prefers sleeping during the day and having and active 2yo means we can't rest during the day because he doesn't nap. You might get one of the easy ones ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jake's mum View Post
    Oh how I wish catching up on sleep before could help! But you never know... DS1 was a really easy baby and slept in 4-5 hour blocks 11pm-11am - we were very well rested. Unfortunately DS2 prefers sleeping during the day and having and active 2yo means we can't rest during the day because he doesn't nap. You might get one of the easy ones ;-)
    Im night toilet training at the moment, feel like im back at that stage, i need my sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its been quite here, hope everyone is good..