+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bachelor of Nursing fulltime

I understand that everyone Uni is different but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many days a week they have to attend Uni studying the Bachelor of Nursing fulltime?

The Universities I've contacted don't offer part time and I'm not sure if I could do it fulltime with work and two young kids as all my and DH family live Interstate. And I'm not prepared to put them in care fulltime. They currently attend two days a week.

I was thinking of doing to Certificate 4/Diploma in Nursing through TAFE part time which would take 2 years and then doing the Division 2 Conversion Course through Uni fulltime over 2 years, this way my DD will have started Prep and my DS will be older and I could handle full time easier by then. Has anyone else done this? I'm assuming if I do it this way I will still have the same qualification as if I did the Bachelor of Nursing?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Dont know if thise helps but I did a bachelor of nursing through UTAS in 2008-2009, Full time over 2 years (including over the summer hols to make up the third year).
    It depended on the semester but it was usually 3-4 days a week, although often not full days for the first year at least, sometimes just an hour or two, hardly ever more than 4-5 hrs a day. EXCEPT during work placement which was full time 8 hrs a day 4-5 days a week shift work depending on where you were placed (we did not much of this first year but 10 wks over both the summers and about 10 weeks in the second year I think). I fitted in a part time job around it easily, but didn't have kiddies at the time so not sure how much daycare you would need etc!

Hope that helps I dont know much about the tafe course at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just started. My first semester is 4 days a week.
    Mondays 9-4 (with a 3 hour gap in the middle of the day, which the uni are filling with bonding sessions, free BBQ's and luncheons and information sessions on assignments, if students want to hang aroudn for 3 hours).
    Tuesday are 9-1.
    Wednesday I have off.
    Thursday 9-11 and every 2nd week 9-2.
    Fridays 9-4, with another 3 hour gap during the day.

The uni have introduced this year a way of offering times so that students have to be on campus a minimum of 4 days a week. They wanted to reduce the amount of paid work so they have more time to concentrate on study (ie/ the 3 hour gaps, the finishing at 11am and 1 or 2pm etc). They used to have it where if a student got in early enough for spots in classes, they could get their time on campus to 2-3 days a week.

I would recommend checking out requirments for TAFE too. Full time at tafe is even longer days, 5 days a week, so I am assuming that part-time would still be quite full on campus requirment times.
    Maybe you could look at distance uni's, and do one or two subjects a semester until your little ones are in school?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default full time nursing

I am jsut starting my first year next week and my timetable is 5 days a week but not full days.
    Monday 11 - 5 with a two hour gap
    Tuesday 2-3
    Wednesday 1-4
    Thursday 9-5 with a four hour gap which is really annoying but guess ill use it to study.
    Friday 11-12
    I too have young children but only have to put them in daycare 2days a week with help from my family the other 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'll do the TAFE course partime over 2 years and then the Divison 2 Conversion Course 2 years fulltime at uni. I just don't think I could commit to fulltime as I have no family support it would mean putting my kids in CC for 5 days which I'm just not willing to do.

Thanks for all your replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing midwifery but most of our subjects this year are nursing ones.

Most of us are only on campus 3 days per week. I have my kids in day care 2 days and DH has them 2 days (one day is a study day for me).