+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tammy, I found your facebook group and asked to join. Look forward to connecting with other mums in the area :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    Hey Tammy, when you say Forrest lake do you mean Forrest lake Brisbane??
    I'm 21 and live 15 mins away from Forrest lake
    I have a 13 month old daughter and would love to meet some other mums the same age ect, as I also have the same fears as you do, when it comes to established mothers groups.
    I left school in year 10 to start an apprenticeship in hairdressing, which I completed 4 years ago. So I lost contact with my school friends after I started working full time, I have made friends through work but now that I'm a SAHM I don't really hear from them that much.. And most of the girls I was friends with haven't had children yet, I have tried a few mothers groups ect who were lovely but it's a bit hard when I'm 21 and there in there 30s (age isn't a problem they just seem to be at a different stage in life than me)
    I am married, my husband is also 21 and works full time, so during the days it's just me and my daughter so we can get a little bored.
    I too also look a lot younger than 21, and at times have felt a bit judged... So that adds to my fears of trying more mothers groups.

Daughter> 03/02/2011
    Hi! Thanks for the reply! Yeah forest lake Brisbane lol! I know it is daunting to be the newbie hahaa and i know what you mean by at a different stage at life.. Sometimes you meet 30 yr olds going on 21 and other times it seems there can be 21yr olds going on 40. I guess its trial and error until you find a group of people you can find common group with! so no worries i understand! Ahh your married! Awesome! Im engaged and this is partly the reason i decided to go out and do something about making some friends.. my side of the isle is looking a little bleak to say the least!!

This next tuesday the facebook group i made is having the first meetup on tuesday. It is a bit far as its in capalaba but alot of the mothers that wernt busy live that way and next meetup we are planning will be closer to us! So please feel free to come along!! If you cant make it we could even just maybe do a smaller meetup around the lake and have a chat sometime if you would like? Most of the girls that are going are around 21 with children older than a year and a few with younger bubs 4-9 months.

Would love to meet you! If you dont have facebook or cant view trhe page please let me know! Or i could just friend you on facebook if you like then invite you to the group. Hope you are well and thanks again for the reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *sparky* View Post
    I've just exited my 20's but don't kick me out lol I recently turned 30 and have a 13 month old dd. we're in Browns Plains!!
    Hi NAH not at all! Like i said sometimes you can be 30 going on 21 and other times you can be 21 going on 40! haha i hope you joined the group and are coming to our first meetup if not stay tuned and we will have one closer to the centenary suburbs sooon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH WOW what a wonderful response! FINALLY! im so excited to meet everyone and to get chatting!! PLease feel free to join the facebook group if you can or pm me for details on next tuesdays meetup it is a bit far but we will be planning one closer to the centenary suburbs!! Please come along it is all our first time and would love to meet so many more young mums out there!! If you are a little worried about attending the meetup i am open to also doing a private meetup and then maybe the next meetup we can go together and then at least we will know each other! Just pm or join for details! Look forward to hearing from you all soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi I've just asked to join the group. I'm free Tuesday and even though im a bit awkward in social situations I'm really keen to attend the first meet up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats ok! Try not to worry i talk enough for 10 people and altho nervous talking can be a bit annoying for some its social savour for others!! lol nah dont be worried we all have one thing in common so if all else fails we can talk kiddies!! lol i have a lot of questions! hahaha look forward to meeting you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey I live in forest lake too I've just taken mat leave I have a ds 3 1/2 I'm 26 and I'm 38 wks Preg with no. 2 I'm keen for local catchups

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is everyone that's coming to the meet up from bub hub?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 25 with a 4yo son from browns plains area

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi no not everyone is from buhub some are just from facebook and other networks i used to reach out.. But none of us have ever previously met or know each other.. Unfortunately i really only have like 5 confirms and 2maybes even tho the group itself has gotten alot of attention. We are now thinking of meeting somewhere in the city so its more central to everyone that way if you need to ctach public transport its a little easier everyone knows where it is etc.. Congrats on the new bubs! How exciting! Wish my partner would agree to another but i think my first is not yet old enough lol