+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 20something mums in forest lake and surrounds

My name is Tammy I am 22years old with a 8 month old daughter..

SO i don't know if im having the same paranoia as anyone else..
    BUT i desperately want to get myself out there and making new friends but I am petrified to say the least in joining an already established mums play group where they have already been "clicky" and somewhat judgemental..
    (NOT saying that ALL already established groups are like this)

At first appearances i do look a little younger than 22 but i am 22! I enjoy being a mum to my 8month old daughter Madelyn and wish i could share my experiences, hopes and worries with other mums the same age (or around abouts).. even get to the point where we are all good enough friends to talk about stuff other than being a mum perhaps!! (life dreams relationships etc etc)

I dont want to be isolated in an already established group and i have absolutely no intention of wanting to make ANYONE else feel that way. I merely want to find good hearted genuine friends for myself and my daughter Madelyn.
    (AGAIN NOT saying that ALL already established groups are like this)

I am originally (english speaking) South African and i have been living here a long time (meaning no one even picks up im originally not from Aus) I finishes my last year of high school here and didnt really manage to make real good friends that iv managed to keep in touch with on a regular basis.. But i love Aus and this is my home now! I want to meet like minded people from no matter where in the world you are ORIGINALLY from and make some new friends...Australian or not.. BUT im petrified! I merely want to find good genuine friends for myself and my daughter Madelyn.

I guess this is my way of saying

HELLO WORLD

I'm here and im willing to try to make some friends!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit embarrassing no one replies?! lol i feel like a weirdo asking for friends haha! OH WELLLLL!

Here is my second attempt..

http://www.facebook.com/groups/241789859239404/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tammy

I'm not a mum...yet. my bubs due in July. I'm 22 also and i always get told I look younger. Around 17ish. Which means I get some lovely looks when out and about. The other day one person walked past and said "16 and pregnant" LOL at least we will Age well!!

Good luck in making friends that already have bubs. It can be quite daunting moving here from another country or just wanting to meet people. Too bad its not like in kindy... Where you both liked the pink crayon... So you were instantly besties!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesiica For This Useful Post:

TaMMy Impey  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Thanks for the reply!! You are so right its when we learn to judge by face value! Im not even sure at what age we pick up the nasty habit of becoming so superficial!! I would love to meet some people and just know that we would all be the best of friends. lol i sound like a 6year old!

Congrats on your pregnancy! Its all so exciting and before you know it your baby will be here and crawling around, pulling on things, teething, giggling and giving you giant sloppy kisses! Enjoy every second of every moment and if i can suggest anything its always keep a camera in your back pocket! I have 1 really good friend.. and she is now pregnant and due in May. I have that facebook group up and running and have managed to try get some girls together for a playgroup and she is coming along. 2 girls are preggars that are coming! If you want to come along feel free! Just cause your pregnant and bubs not here doesn't mean your not a mum!! lol so IF you like i can give you the details or you can join the group and thanks again for the reply!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again =D

Yeah, will definitely keep a camera on me to capture the priceless moments. Just send me the details for Fb )))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is the group!! Look forward to meeting you!!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/241789859239404/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Tammy,

I'm not a mum yet im 18 weeks pregnant first time mum, I'll be 25 in June unfortunately I don't get questioned that I'm younger then I am lol haha ppl prob think I'm older then 25 hahaha

Hope you have found some mums that you can chat with

Beck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Tammy, when you say Forrest lake do you mean Forrest lake Brisbane??
    I'm 21 and live 15 mins away from Forrest lake
    I have a 13 month old daughter and would love to meet some other mums the same age ect, as I also have the same fears as you do, when it comes to established mothers groups.
    I left school in year 10 to start an apprenticeship in hairdressing, which I completed 4 years ago. So I lost contact with my school friends after I started working full time, I have made friends through work but now that I'm a SAHM I don't really hear from them that much.. And most of the girls I was friends with haven't had children yet, I have tried a few mothers groups ect who were lovely but it's a bit hard when I'm 21 and there in there 30s (age isn't a problem they just seem to be at a different stage in life than me)
    I am married, my husband is also 21 and works full time, so during the days it's just me and my daughter so we can get a little bored.
    I too also look a lot younger than 21, and at times have felt a bit judged... So that adds to my fears of trying more mothers groups.

Daughter> 03/02/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 25, my son 19 months and we're in Mount Ommaney. Shoot me a message if you're ever up for a chat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've just exited my 20's but don't kick me out lol I recently turned 30 and have a 13 month old dd. we're in Browns Plains!!