+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    gf pasta isn't that hard lol but you're not the first person who's commented about screwing it up a lot. what about rice pasta? asian isle at coles. i buy a really awesome rice vermicelli. seriously impossible to screw up. could do that and do your pasta dish?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks!

The capsicums are stuffed with a pumpkin and spinach rissotto.

The mushrooms with something that has capsicum, onion, crushed garlic, and chives all chopped really fine and cooked on the stove on high heat before going into the mushrooms.

I have a salad to go with it as well.

The pumpkin soup will be an entree then stir fry with lots of veg, nuts and tamari sauce.

Sassy - no tofu lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeee View Post
    gf pasta isn't that hard lol but you're not the first person who's commented about screwing it up a lot. what about rice pasta? asian isle at coles. i buy a really awesome rice vermicelli. seriously impossible to screw up. could do that and do your pasta dish?
    I use the rice vermicelli in chow mein and stir fry, very yummy and very cheap.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I use the rice vermicelli in chow mein and stir fry, very yummy and very cheap.
    and very convenient, coming in little serving-sized blocks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeee For This Useful Post:

share a book  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Vegie bake (looks good if you layer colours like potato/sweet potato/potato), vegetarian fried rice with stir-fry vegetables, vegetarian crestless shepards pie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The San remo gf spirals are very hard to get wrong. Have you tried those?

I agree with a pp that the veggies stuffed with risotto are an excellent main in themselves. With dessert, you wouldn't need an entree.

I do a yummy spinach and feta stuffed mushrooms. Or a spinach and feta frittata/ pie (I just add gf sr flour and it forms a bit of a crust).

Eggplant crumbed in gf crumbs and deep fried - 'eggplant schnitzels' are yummy too. You could layer them with a tomato sauce and cheese, bake and make parmigiana...

Thanks
    Reviews
    The San Remo spirals and San Remo lasagne sheets I can do, but I wasn't in the mood for cooking lasagne and dd whinged that we 'always' have spirals, so last time I made pasta it was with the thim spaghetti, which dissolved into the sauce, and I make a creamy fettucini (vegan) but the fettucini sticks together and I find it too frustrating to serve to guests lol.

It was nice, though. The girls have not long been split up, grrr, but the food was nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mushrooms are quite meaty in texture. So how about a mushroom chilli creamy pasta a la Jamie Oliver? He has a great recipe.

Or what about a pesto tomato ricotta bake?