+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Net - I can't find the other thread you commented in. Would you be able to post or send me the link to the group you are in that discuss Dr Ambekar.
    I'm going absolute CRAZY trying to figure out what I should do, and reading other ladies experiences/opinions may help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
    Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread

I have had two early miscarriages with both my fresh IVF transfers (bfn with FET and IUIs). We transferred one blast the first time, and two the second time.
    After the second miscarriage a month ago my FS did a laparoscopy and discovered I have moderate endo in my pelvis, thankfully he removed it all.
    He said it is possible that this could have been causing the m/cs and I asked him about NK cells as one of the nurses had mentioned it to me and he said that because my cycles are so irregular it would be hard to test but he will treat me as though I do have them anyway.
    My mother has an autoimmue called sarcoidosis and that has something to do with NK cells too, so I am very glad my FS is treating me this way as I wouldnt be surprised with my mothers history that I could have the same/similar thing as she.

As of my next cycle which will be a fresh transfer since we have no frosties, I will be on 10mg of prednisone on cd1, then after egg collection the dose will go up 20mg.
    Does this sound similar to what you are all on?
    For those of you who took prednisone, how did u all feel on it?

SL1009, congrats on your BFP!! When were you able to stop the pred? (sorry if it wasnt you said you were taking it, i have just done a quick read through of this thread and may have gotten names confused!)

I was also wondering what the intralipid transfusion is for? Is that also to treat NK cells? Should I ask my FS about it?
    I asked about clexane but he said its to thin and since all of my blood tests came back good he said I dont need it and it could cause me to have internal bleeding

Sorry for bombarding this thread!!! I hope some of you are still around and hopefully gotten your BFPs by now!
    Hey dandelion and sorry for not getting back to you for ages...

I do have NKC but was never on pred. My doc had me do an intralipid infusion 2 weeks before ET or maybe it was one week before. I had the infusion again in the first week of getting my BFP. It is def to do with keeping those NKC at bay. As for my other meds...am on estradot patches (a small patch I put on my bum and change and alternate cheeks every 3 days), am on aspirin one tablet a day, dexmethasone, 2 tablets every morning, plus my clexane injections every night. Also on progesterone pessaries - once in the morning and once at night plus I'm also taking elevit. I am having my 12 wk scan next week and seeing my OB on the 14th when I will be 13 weeks and I expect my meds will be cut down then...I can keep you posted if you're interested to know?xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    Mind if I pop in to ask a question?

Has anyone had NK cell testing done (biopsy) in Perth? My clinic doesn't do it, and I can't find ANYONE in Perth that can besides Fertility of WA who we cannot afford to transfer to.

Any help would be appreciated
    Not in Perth sorry

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nk test perth

Hi Disneybaby
    Just calling for some help after your post last yr. I know it was a while ago. Did you end up getting nk testing done (bld test and/or endo biopsy) and was this done by fswa (any part fs there?) or somewhere else? Thanking you very much TT

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy loss

Hi All,

I lost my pregnancy in 5 weeks. I am yet to meet my doctor after this devastating news. I am planning to ask for a NK Cells Testing done. Before that, I wanted to know if the doctors can say the reason for the cells being present in our body? Any inputs will be much helpful, ladies.

Thanks in advance