+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katherinelouise View Post
    Cannotgiveup I'm so sorry for your loss. Best of luck with the next try.
    Kiwi77, let us know what happens tomorrow.
    I've had 3 lots of blood this last week, and getting over it. Can't wait for all this testing to be over so I know how we're going to approach our next FET cycle. Does anyone have any good sites on NK cells and treatment options?

Would anyone mind explainig why their fs decided to treat them with the regime they are on? I'm sorry for snooping, but am interested in how the decisions were made.
    Hi Katherine, I had a series of bloods and a biopsy performed before I was diagnosed with NKC. Unfortunately I don't know of any good sites, have got all the info I need from my FS and also this thread has been helpful too.

I am on the colarado protocol. I was on the pill for a month (from April 14th which was my day one). I then started on synarel nasal spray on May 7th, morning and night. I then had a big bleed and BT to test that my estrogen was under 200, which it was (on may 15th). On may 17th my DH started taking Doryx antibiotics (twice a day for a week). I also started taking dexamethasone tablets (two tablets every morning) which is ongoing. Also started puregon injections on the 17th (night). Went in to do an Intralipid infusion (drip) on the 24th and had BT and US on 25th. 7 follicles detected in total, but only 4 follicles of good size. Egg pick up booked in for 29th May. Stopped puregon on Friday night. Stopped synarel on Saturday night. Did trigger (ovidrel) on Sunday night. On Monday (28th) started taking Augmentin tablets. Yesterday (29th) had EPU. Was very pleased to have 5 eggs collected as I was only expecting to have 2 or 3. Waiting to hear today if they have fertilized. Today I continue with my dexamethasone and Augmentin tablets PLUS I start taking aspirin, I start my progesterone pessaries, I start estradot patches and also clexane injections. If all goes well, god willing, this week, I will have two blastocysts (day5) transferred on Sunday.

This is our first cycle after being diagnosed with NKC (one natural miscarriage and 3 failed cycles with another clinic prior) and so I'm not sure for what exact reasons I'm on each particular thing, I just pray that it's all working : )

Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke to my FS about this yesterday. I have a few immune issues so wanted to be treated with clexane at my next cycle. She refused unless there was hard data to prove I needed it so I've been referred to get tested. can any of you tell me what the out of pocket costs tend to be? I don't have private health.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you so much for your response SL1009! I'm so glad to see it's worked for you. Gives me a lot of encouragement

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Net3811 View Post
    I spoke to my FS about this yesterday. I have a few immune issues so wanted to be treated with clexane at my next cycle. She refused unless there was hard data to prove I needed it so I've been referred to get tested. can any of you tell me what the out of pocket costs tend to be? I don't have private health.
    Hi there sorry for the delayed response - my clexane costs I think about $40 for 20 injections, I could be wrong actually it could be a little less..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thansk SL1009. I was actually wondering about the cost of the testing but the information on the cost of the Clexane is really helpful as well. That was probably going to be my next worry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Net3811 View Post
    Thansk SL1009. I was actually wondering about the cost of the testing but the information on the cost of the Clexane is really helpful as well. That was probably going to be my next worry!
    Sorry, misunderstood there. Well my testing involved a procedure called a hysteroscopy which is like a pap smear but they take a biopsy - BUT my FS had issues 'getting up there' so I ended up having an operation. I have private health insurance so I paid excess for the hospital ($300) plus aneasthetist fees which was about $200 out of pocket after Medicare. I would assume that if you are able to have it done 'normally' then it may only be your FS' room fees that you pay for, but you will have to check - sorry I couldn't be more help xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread

I have had two early miscarriages with both my fresh IVF transfers (bfn with FET and IUIs). We transferred one blast the first time, and two the second time.
    After the second miscarriage a month ago my FS did a laparoscopy and discovered I have moderate endo in my pelvis, thankfully he removed it all.
    He said it is possible that this could have been causing the m/cs and I asked him about NK cells as one of the nurses had mentioned it to me and he said that because my cycles are so irregular it would be hard to test but he will treat me as though I do have them anyway.
    My mother has an autoimmue called sarcoidosis and that has something to do with NK cells too, so I am very glad my FS is treating me this way as I wouldnt be surprised with my mothers history that I could have the same/similar thing as she.

As of my next cycle which will be a fresh transfer since we have no frosties, I will be on 10mg of prednisone on cd1, then after egg collection the dose will go up 20mg.
    Does this sound similar to what you are all on?
    For those of you who took prednisone, how did u all feel on it?

SL1009, congrats on your BFP!! When were you able to stop the pred? (sorry if it wasnt you said you were taking it, i have just done a quick read through of this thread and may have gotten names confused!)

I was also wondering what the intralipid transfusion is for? Is that also to treat NK cells? Should I ask my FS about it?
    I asked about clexane but he said its to thin and since all of my blood tests came back good he said I dont need it and it could cause me to have internal bleeding

Sorry for bombarding this thread!!! I hope some of you are still around and hopefully gotten your BFPs by now!
    Last edited by dandelion; 16-07-2012 at 20:09.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mind if I pop in to ask a question?

Has anyone had NK cell testing done (biopsy) in Perth? My clinic doesn't do it, and I can't find ANYONE in Perth that can besides Fertility of WA who we cannot afford to transfer to.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got referred to Dr Roger Hart at Bethesda. You shoudl be able to get the testing done without transferring your whole cycle to the clinic. Dr Hart does only do it under anaesthetic though. Alternatively have you looked at going interstate? If you get cheap flights it might not cost much more than you think.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Net3811, but Bethesda is the one I got my referral to, but they will only do the test if I transfer to Dr Hart.

I actually find out tomorrow if my FS will give me the prednisone this cycle anyway even though I haven't been tested. Surely she would be able to do that? I mean, it won't hurt anything and we pay a lot of money to do IVF and I think we should be given the best chance possible each time. Otherwise yes, I am looking at seeing Dr Matthias in Sydney.