+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    Hi ladies!

I was wondering if I could ask a few questions?

How do you get tested for NK Cells? I want to ask my FS at my next appt and want to be prepared for what she says. I've heard that you get tested the day before AF is due, which means you would have to wait a month to start a treated cycle (if you have it). Is that right?

Also, what are the reasons that you would get tested? I have only done 3 IVF attempts (2 xBFN and 1x m/c) and am worried that it isn't enough to get tested? I am only interested in getting tested as my last 2 BFN cycles, I have felt AF pains since the day after transfer all the way up to AF, which makes me believe that my body rejects the embryo almost instantly?

Also, how long does it take to get the results and how much does the test cost?

This 3rd cycle isn't an official BFN yet, but I am 7dp5dt and got a BFN and have had major AF pains since the day after transfer, so deep down I know...

Thanks ladies!
    Hi Disney Baby

Just catching up on this thread. I was diagnosed as having NKC through a biopsy that was taken during a D&C / hydroscopy. My FS wanted to do a biopsy to cover off all testing before our first round with him (prior 3 rounds with different clinic / FS). I had it done at around day 23-24 I think! The biopsy was an operation so had to pay my excess with private health insurance, plus anesthetist plus FS costs - but worth it. We were diagnosed with NKC and are now being treated for it.

Plus you never know until you know - baby dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    Hmm it's making me really wonder if that is my problem? I got AF today, so that's my 3rd failed cycle. BT is tomorrow to confirm. I wish I still didn't have to go in, but oh well!

I have my next FS appt on the 24th and will only be CD9 then. I hope she takes me seriously and lets me get the test done.
    I'm going to feel weird seeing her again as I think I made her angry last time. I couldn't get my last appt until CD3 and she likes to start on CD2, and I cried and cried because I was going to have to wait a month over 1 day, but she told me that it was my risk to start on CD3 and that if a nurse could see me that day, that I could start. She didn't seem happy that I cried to 'get my own way' I guess.

How much does CGH testing cost and do they test the embryos you already have, or do they test on fresh embies?

My last transfer was an 'excellent' 5AA and it still didn't stick. I had AF pains since the day after transfer! I had it on my FET cycle too, which was my first cycle with this new FS. I don't remember having them pains on my first cycle with my old FS.

Do you ladies believe that the way the FS puts the embies in has any effect on the outcome? I can't help but think my FS is being careless or something which is why I can physically tell the cycle is a bust the day after transfer.
    Sorry to hear of your bfn

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, hope you don't mind if I jump in!

There's such a huge range of approaches going on with all our clinics! I'm with Repromed in Darwin, and have found them to be very proactive and helpful. With 3 perfect blasties not working my fs talked about our options, saying she'd prefer to do a range of tests to make sure they are going into the best environment possible. A million miles from some of your experiences! It must be horrible to not feel your getting what's best for your journey!

AFM - I had my appt with fs on May 9th, and bloods (13 vials!) done after fasting on the 10th. They've been sent to a clinic down south, apparently it's the only Aust one that does some of the tests, and will take several weeks for the results to come back. Having a bt tomorrow, possibly another on the 25th, then a biopsy in the clinic around the 1st. No GA, and been told to have panadol before hand. A bit different from other experiences, did others have more than the biopsy done?

My results should all be back in time to discuss and determine a plan for a FET, with no extra waiting.

What else has everyone been tested for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katherinelouise View Post
    Hi ladies, hope you don't mind if I jump in!

There's such a huge range of approaches going on with all our clinics! I'm with Repromed in Darwin, and have found them to be very proactive and helpful. With 3 perfect blasties not working my fs talked about our options, saying she'd prefer to do a range of tests to make sure they are going into the best environment possible. A million miles from some of your experiences! It must be horrible to not feel your getting what's best for your journey!

AFM - I had my appt with fs on May 9th, and bloods (13 vials!) done after fasting on the 10th. They've been sent to a clinic down south, apparently it's the only Aust one that does some of the tests, and will take several weeks for the results to come back. Having a bt tomorrow, possibly another on the 25th, then a biopsy in the clinic around the 1st. No GA, and been told to have panadol before hand. A bit different from other experiences, did others have more than the biopsy done?

My results should all be back in time to discuss and determine a plan for a FET, with no extra waiting.

What else has everyone been tested for?
    Hi katherinelouise - welcome : )

I had also bloods and a biopsy, nothing else! Was diagnosed with NKC. In the middle of round 4 currently (1st round as diagnosed with NKC). Had Intralipid infusion this morning and go in for blood test and ultrasound tomorrow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone still checking in on this thread? I had my Intralipid infusion this week which wasn't bad at all except for the needle going in and coming out. Starting estradot patches, clexane along with a couple of other things next week - would love to hear experienced of any side effects, successes with these drugs, etc. thank you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey SL1009,
    i'm seeing also Dr M, just found out yesterday that my hormone level have drop and it's another chemical pregnacy, for some reason my body cannot hold the embryo. Fingers crossed that everything is going well for you..Dr M didn't give me intralipid but have all the other drugs. I noticed you've given estradot patches can you tell me why this was given.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cannotgiveup View Post
    Hey SL1009,
    i'm seeing also Dr M, just found out yesterday that my hormone level have drop and it's another chemical pregnacy, for some reason my body cannot hold the embryo. Fingers crossed that everything is going well for you..Dr M didn't give me intralipid but have all the other drugs. I noticed you've given estradot patches can you tell me why this was given.
    Hi cannotgiveup...I'm not sure who Dr M is? I'm sorry to hear you had a chemical pregnancy, that would be devastating. So this is my first cycle using additional drugs for NKC and the estradot patches is part of that. I can't say for certain but I'm sure the patches are also towards keeping the NKC at bay. So what's next for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies - sorry left this thread to chill out.
    I gt AF 8 days after transfer - embie was a fantastic blast and it was my first go with all the NK cell drugs (cleaxane/Prednisolone) so I thought it was my time.... I started spotting on day 7 then on day 8 it got heavier...I still went in for my BT and had low levels @ 23 - they told me to repeat so last week went in & my levels were @ 29....now I have to go back on Weds and have another so they can see whats going on...all I know is I have 3 fantastic icebabies left and Im not sure what to do.

Cannot give up - I have an appointment with Dr Matthias in early June - what can I expect? Will it help with my next FET? What extra drugs will he put me on?
    Hoping with whatever he does in conjunction with Dr Sacks will work....

Prayers and babydust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi Dr Sacks is wonderful and you couldn't be in better hands. I also have high NK cells and my FS from MIVF works with him to treat me using the Bondi protocol (clexane+prednisolone). Dr Sacks told me it takes on average 1-3 blast transfers for your immune system to be properly surpressed using the steriods and he was sure right in our case .... After our second blast transfer, we finally got our long awaited BFP I so hope this is true for you also Kiwi

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cannotgiveup I'm so sorry for your loss. Best of luck with the next try.
    Kiwi77, let us know what happens tomorrow.
    I've had 3 lots of blood this last week, and getting over it. Can't wait for all this testing to be over so I know how we're going to approach our next FET cycle. Does anyone have any good sites on NK cells and treatment options?

Would anyone mind explainig why their fs decided to treat them with the regime they are on? I'm sorry for snooping, but am interested in how the decisions were made.