+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks hoping yeah I am with Repromed just confused when they say one thing and everything I read says something else :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moomechanic View Post
    Thanks hoping yeah I am with Repromed just confused when they say one thing and everything I read says something else :s
    Moo - I know what you mean. Not sure how much this will help but this is the full results from the biopsy I had done.

Immunostaining the endometrium/decidua for T-cell susets reveals the following results:
    CD8+ (suppressor/cytotoxic) T-cells are present at approximately the rate of 230/mm2. Numerous quite large perivascular aggregates are seen but these, of themselves, do not connote an interstitial endometritis.
    CD163+ macrophages are present at approximately the rate of 190/mm2. This corresponds to an endometrial stromal cell density of 3.6%. Very occasional superficial glands contain single or clustered CD163+ macrophanges.
    CD56+ (uterine) NK cells are present at approximately the rate of >500/mm2. This corresponds to an endometrial stromal cell density of 44.3%. Scattered perivascular aggregates are noted in the same places as the cd8+ cell aggregates.
    CD57+ NK cells are present at approximately the rate of 20/mm2. This corresponds to an endometrial stromal cell density of 0.4%

Sorry it's so technical and I don't completely understand it all but in regards to the CD56+, my notes state anything over 10% is positive for NK cells. I can only assume them telling you "11" it means you are pretty much borderline. Are you with KT at Repro? He is usually more amenable to suggestions and requests then some of the other FS. Feel welcome to ask anything more, either on the thread or by PM.

Sorry for hijacking your thread ladies. Best of luck to all of you
    Last edited by hoping4asticky1; 08-05-2012 at 14:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL1009 - I know how you feel - the total feeling I have this time and the comfort I have with new FS is different so feeling good vibes too...No side affects from the the normal IVF drugs but the Prednisolone gave me slight headaches which have subsided from the accupuncture I have been getting. Clinic called me yesterday (day 3) and all 8 embies are going strong which is so good to hear. All at 6-8 cells, transfer tomorrow @ 10.45am so exicited, scared, nervous etc...
    Still deciding to put 1-2 (any suggestions)

Scruffy - I had my hysteroscopy on the 26th March which was 1 day after AF ended - not sure if timing changes things....got my results from this and NK blood tests on the 18th April - AF started on the 22nd April & started Antagonist cycle on the 24th April with gonal f 150 mg & Prednisolone tablets (10mg). After EC which was last Fri upped my Prednisolone to 20mg & started clexane jabs + progesterone pessaries... Im doing a fresh cycle not FET so it may be diff for you???

Moo/Hoping for a sticky - I cant remember exactly but I think my NK levels were around 21 which is scary high compared to the 10 people are talking about... My biopsy however I think didnt show too much or I could be mistaken. I will get a copy of my results and compare.

Good Luck to all with these issues and praying that our immune systems calm down to allow us to become the mothers we are meant & dream to be.....

Last edited by kiwi77; 08-05-2012 at 17:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi77 View Post
    SL1009 - I know how you feel - the total feeling I have this time and the comfort I have with new FS is different so feeling good vibes too...No side affects from the the normal IVF drugs but the Prednisolone gave me slight headaches which have subsided from the accupuncture I have been getting. Clinic called me yesterday (day 3) and all 8 embies are going strong which is so good to hear. All at 6-8 cells, transfer tomorrow @ 10.45am so exicited, scared, nervous etc...
    Still deciding to put 1-2 (any suggestions)

Scruffy - I had my hysteroscopy on the 26th March which was 1 day after AF ended - not sure if timing changes things....got my results from this and NK blood tests on the 18th May - AF started on the 22nd May & started Antagonist cycle on the 24th May with gonal f 150 mg & Prednisolone tablets (10mg). After EC which was last Fri upped my Prednisolone to 20mg & started clexane jabs + progesterone pessaries... Im doing a fresh cycle not FET so it may be diff for you???

Moo/Hoping for a sticky - I cant remember exactly but I think my NK levels were around 21 which is scary high compared to the 10 people are talking about... My biopsy however I think didnt show too much or I could be mistaken. I will get a copy of my results and compare.

Good Luck to all with these issues and praying that our immune systems calm down to allow us to become the mothers we are meant & dream to be.....

That is fabulous news to hear all embies are going strong - good luck for tomorrow. In my personal opinion we have always had 2 embies transferred (except for the first cycle when we only one embryo to transfer). This time will be no different god willing if we get at least 2 little blasties. Reason being we understand the risks associated with twins and they are no different from conceiving twins naturally. Of course these risks are greater than with a singleton but we are open to the idea of having multiples as we have been trying for a few years to have children so if everything was 'normal' we would probably have two children already anyway! Doctors don't like to do two, making the point of higher risks but it is up to you. Our new FS said they always do one embryo and we said we'd like two and he said of course the risks again but then he also said he's delivered many healthy twins also....good luck with your decision. Baby dust to you : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hoping, must be that they are 11% confusing as to why I don't then? Not with KT I have dr Barry, but he did say this time he has referred it to others to have a look

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi glad embies are still going well, I would love twins but will need a cervical stitch so I think two embies too much of a risk for me.

I hope my results don't take as long as yours, if I cant go with FET straight away it won't be until Sept as away Jul/Aug :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Kiwi glad embies are still going well, I would love twins but will need a cervical stitch so I think two embies too much of a risk for me.

I hope my results don't take as long as yours, if I cant go with FET straight away it won't be until Sept as away Jul/Aug :-(
    Hi Scruffy - Sorry my months were all out - I meant "April instead of May"...
    I had Bloods + Hysteroscopy end of March and had to wait until FS back after Easter for results - then as soon as AF started end of April I started the program...So really only EC was really only 2 weeks after starting the Bondi Protocol as I just had EC on the 4th May with transfer tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey All

Apologies for the late reply.

Mrs P what aspirin were you taking alongside the steroids? Did FS prescribe you this?

SL after 6 transfers I just thought something had to give. I was just googling actually on this website and saw that some women had success with Matthias so decided I may as well see him. Apparently he is the only one in the country that does ivig and intralipids, although some women elsewhere are starting to do, so Im assuming other doctors are following suit? Im seeing him this week to discuss what the next step is.

cannot i havent done intralipids i have done ivig which according to Matthias is more robust. Its a blood product cost me $2250 and you get nothing back from Medicare nor your healthfund. Its made from donated blood from the plasma? You need to get this done at a hospital and its done through a drip and takes around about 8+ hours. I finished about 11.30pm I could have stayed overnight but I was having a blood test at my clinic the next morning and was just a bit inconvenient for me.

Dr M puts you on clex, pred, pessaries (1200mg), supplements but I think its a case by case as to what extent you have NK cells. Mine are eleveated CD57 in the uterus only, not in my blood.

moomechanic i have my results (funny I just scanned them now) but i cant read them as CD56 and CD57 appear quite a few times so im not sure which ones to look at. Im getting my cyber buddy to look at them so hoping she sheds some light.

I dont want to be put on steroids again, so im hoping FS and RI can offer something different.

x

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

I was wondering if I could ask a few questions?

How do you get tested for NK Cells? I want to ask my FS at my next appt and want to be prepared for what she says. I've heard that you get tested the day before AF is due, which means you would have to wait a month to start a treated cycle (if you have it). Is that right?

Also, what are the reasons that you would get tested? I have only done 3 IVF attempts (2 xBFN and 1x m/c) and am worried that it isn't enough to get tested? I am only interested in getting tested as my last 2 BFN cycles, I have felt AF pains since the day after transfer all the way up to AF, which makes me believe that my body rejects the embryo almost instantly?

Also, how long does it take to get the results and how much does the test cost?

This 3rd cycle isn't an official BFN yet, but I am 7dp5dt and got a BFN and have had major AF pains since the day after transfer, so deep down I know...

Thanks ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney,

Hopefully you won't have to get further testing done and this one is a BFP!

But...I asked for NK testing after three failed attempts with CGH embies. My FS had no problem doing it. He wanted to do a hysteroscopy on Day 21 and basically took a sample at the same time. There was no charge as it was done in hospital under GA (I have private health). It was only done Friday and the clinic said the results take two weeks, so basically have to wait a month before cycling again.

I hope this helps, others may have different experiences?!?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast