+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Calling all ladies doing IVF / ICSI with NK Cells 2012

Hi There

I wanted to start this thread to find your stories with regards to NK Cells and your IVF / ICSI Cycles. I have had 3 BFNs through ICSI in 2011 (2 stim cycles and one FET). We changed our doctor and clinic (in Melbourne) as we didn't feel we were getting enough testing. Tests now show that I have NK Cells which is why we had a miscarriage in our natural pregnancy and why the 1st 3 cycles have been unsucessful

Going to wait until my next cycle, so will start taking the pill at the start of April 2012, then on to stims for cycle number 4. This will be alongside CID (Clexane, Intralipid Drip & Dexamethasone) using the Colarado Protocol. I would love to meet you and hear your stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There

I am in the same boast as well. Have done 6 transfers to date with no success. I have elevated NK cells. The ivf doctors do not feel that this is a hinderance although i do! Did my own research and went to see Matthias. In about 2 weeks will be doing his protocol and not the ivf doctors. I will be doing ivig therapy and hoping for the best. I will also be taking dex, clexane, doxyceline, 1200mg pessaries plus all my pre natal vitamins.

Im hoping for some success soon.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi zoe1974

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. What is matthias? It's interesting that your doc said that your nk cells shouldn't be a hinderance!! Maybe it depends on the levels as mine were quite high. I'm about to start my nasal spray on Monday. I'm also a bit sick with. Old bronchitis at the moment and whilst I don't feel the best I'm hoping that it helps to suppress my nk cells.

What stage are you up to at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There

Matthias is an immunologist who deals with immune issues, as a side to ivf. He is based in Sydney. I have done another cycle (FET) with all of the above protocols and still no success. So now 7 transfers to date. There is nothing more I can do, as Im a bit over adding this and that to the mix.

Personally I think it is pot luck. Im seeing Matthias next week so hopefully we'll see what the go is (and add yet another drug to the mix!). Not hopeful but am really sick of this journey.

Wish you all the best. And goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I'll join. Currently TTC number 2, found out I had elevated nk cells after our 7th failed cycle to have our first. First treated cycle was steroids, second steroids and aspirin and I got my bfp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Hey I'll join. Currently TTC number 2, found out I had elevated nk cells after our 7th failed cycle to have our first. First treated cycle was steroids, second steroids and aspirin and I got my bfp.
    Hey Mrs P that's amazing to know that you got your BFP on your first treated cycle after so many BFNs. What do you mean by second steroids? I will be on CID so clexane, Intralipid drip and dexamethasone. We are having IVF ICSI with HA using the Colorado protocol. How old is your first one? Are you about to start your first round for number 2? What are you doing this time round?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zoe1974 View Post
    Hi There

Matthias is an immunologist who deals with immune issues, as a side to ivf. He is based in Sydney. I have done another cycle (FET) with all of the above protocols and still no success. So now 7 transfers to date. There is nothing more I can do, as Im a bit over adding this and that to the mix.

Personally I think it is pot luck. Im seeing Matthias next week so hopefully we'll see what the go is (and add yet another drug to the mix!). Not hopeful but am really sick of this journey.

Wish you all the best. And goodluck!
    Zoe1974 that's interesting. Did you get diagnosed with something that you had to see an immunologist for? I can imagine that you would definitely be sick of the journey after so many transfers - 7 is a hell of a lot. But you know what your 7 transfers closer to that BFP : ) happy thoughts...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Hey Mrs P that's amazing to know that you got your BFP on your first treated cycle after so many BFNs. What do you mean by second steroids? I will be on CID so clexane, Intralipid drip and dexamethasone. We are having IVF ICSI with HA using the Colorado protocol. How old is your first one? Are you about to start your first round for number 2? What are you doing this time round?
    Sorry it was my second treated cycle I got regnant. First one was steroids bfn, second one was steroids and aspirin and I got my bfp. My daughter is 14 months now. The thing you have to rememebe with nk cells is technically you're starting ivf all over again so don't be disheartened if it doesn't work first go it may take more.

This time same as last time, steroids and aspirin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Zoe
    Can you please tell us more about the intralipids.Also when do Dr M ask you to take a certain drugs because I'm also interested in trying something new this cycle due to very high level of nk when my FS did the Endon biopsy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls do any of you know what numbers your results are at? We had the biopsy for NK cells which came back clear but I was told my cd56 level was at 11 and it should be below 10 or something. Fs was going to treat as NK with a protocol but now changed his mind saying it was all ok. When he first told us though it made it sound like an issue and everything I look at says cd56 is to do with NK cells?! So confused!!!