+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Butler and surrounds, anyone else have my real estate agent and find her super narky?

I have been living in this house since December 2010, when DP, DD 19 months and I moved over from Sydney.

We have been great tennants (as far as I would say), never pay late, always keep the house clean and never caused any damage.

My RE agent, however, treats us like scum. I have ANOTHER inspection (#6 since moving in) tomorrow, and the demands are always the same.

Wash ALL walls in the house, sweep and wash all outdoor paving, get all dust/dirt off screens (uh I live next to a sand pile the size of China), keep all surfaces free of any objects (kitchen bench, bathroom bench, built in desk), she has even told me that I need to have all furniture away from walls so she can make sure there is no damage... Uh, F/U.

Are ALL real estate agents here like this or is it just mine? I cannot wait to have all our debt gone so we can buy our own place!!!

WooHoo! Another iphone!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I thought mine was bad can she actually ask you to do those things??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh she thinks she can do anything. Stupid cow obviously doesn't have children but wanted a family to live in this house. I'm terrified to let DD do anything. And I'm 36 weeks with #2 so can't really get all her demands met.

It's just really p!$$ing me off. And we re-signed in December for 12 months. So tempting to break the lease before this bub comes and tell her to jam it. Hahaha

WooHoo! Another iphone!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hahaha silly cow!

Hey *side note* did u sort out your FIFO and labour/what to do with DD issue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. Haha. I upgraded my ambulance cover so I can use it in non-urgent times.

I have got a neighbour on call as well. More an accquaintance than friend or anything but she will be ok with DD.

DP and I think bub will come on the 18th which is the day before he is due to fly back to work. Haha.

Thanks for thinking of me.

WooHoo! Another iphone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tasha, I think it's prob illegal for her to ask you to move the furniture like that. Sounds a bit overzealous on the inspections. Check it up on TenantsUnion website. You're supposed to be given a book called 'renters rights' when you move in, illegal not to give it to you, but she possibly overlooked that!

Take her to the residential tenancies tribunal if you find out you are being over inspected. I thought they couldn't do it more than once every 6months, but I may be wrong.

Please look it up at TU website, as I think you're 'Quiet enjoyment of your home' (another right) is being impinged upon, to say the least!

And those bloody inspections are so stressful. I was once with an agent who set not a time, but a 3hr window for inspection, and on the letter (I'll never forget this) it said, 'due to scheduling constraints, this time cannot be changed (found out later that was illegal as it allowed no right of reply).

I waited about for the whole 3hrs, and she didn't turn up.
    You can guess what I told them when I called the office...'due to scheduling constraints, this time cannot be changed....'!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She can't ask you to keep all surfaces free of objects...that's just ridiculous. Where do you put them, the floor? Does she expect you to get storage everytime you're inspected? Sounds like she's trying to hassle you out...why resign you if that's the case, though? Befuddling!

Farmerwife is offline Excited & Nervous about being a mum for the first time in August :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been a while since I was in real estate but fairly certain they can not inspect more than once in a six month period & the request of cleaning are beyond regular upkeep. This would make them in breach of the act. Get onto the tenants union. I doubt she can do this to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just check the rental market before you go tell her to jam it as it is not good atm, we only have one rental available in our area and there is usually heaps but there is so many ppl coming into the state atm that they are all being snapped up.
    3 monthly inspections are the standard here in WA and they usually give you one 6 weeks after you move in too.
    As for dusting yes they can ask for it to be done and furniture shouldnt be marking the walls ( you could have felt for all she knows but maybe she has had tenants damamge the walls before and as a PP said it is hard for landlords to get the damages payed for so maybe this is just a precaution) but asking for bench tops to be cleared is not ok as part of a standard inspection unless they have included it in the lease. There is a list on the lease of what they expect at every inspection. At least they are not asking for more money like our landlord, its getting rediculous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    And those bloody inspections are so stressful. I was once with an agent who set not a time, but a 3hr window for inspection, and on the letter (I'll never forget this) it said, 'due to scheduling constraints, this time cannot be changed (found out later that was illegal as it allowed no right of reply).

I waited about for the whole 3hrs, and she didn't turn up.
    You can guess what I told them when I called the office...'due to scheduling constraints, this time cannot be changed....'!
    We don't get given a time. In our letter it is on blah day between 9 & 5... Nice huh. Especially since I have a stir crazy 19 month old to entertain at home all friggin day!

WooHoo! Another iphone!