+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veronarose View Post
    Hi, A close friend of mine had a rhinoplasty and I can tell you the swelling definitely goes down, not just after 6 weeks, but continues to go down over the next year. It takes time for it to reach final look, so rest assured there is plenty of swelling yet to go down
    Really? So did you see a difference 2weeks post op and 6+ weeks? Was she worried about the size? Did it get smaller? Can you tell I'm freaking out lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi! I had my nose done mid 2009 and I too had the same awesome reaction when my cast came off, and even after 6 weeks, over time continued to change over the year... even tho it's not as tiny as it seemed when the cast first came off, it's definately different from what it used to be. even tho i still wish it was a touch tinier, i couldn't be happier, cos i used to have the worst looking biggest nose with a massive bump in the middle. aaargh, it was hideous!! after getting a lifetime of teasing from kids from school, it's finally a relief to have had it done..

but then occasionally someone would say to me "'why did u get your nose done, i thought your old nose was a feature''!!!! WTF. a feature? what a joke. more like a freaky feature. LOL.

my nose is still super sensative to touch. the numb feeling can take a LONG time to dissappear, mine took nearly 2 years, and even if i slightly bump it, it hurts like hell. but again, glad i did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    :
    but then occasionally someone would say to me "'why did u get your nose done, i thought your old nose was a feature''!!!! WTF. a feature? what a joke. more like a freaky feature. LOL.

my nose is still super sensative to touch. the numb feeling can take a LONG time to dissappear, mine took nearly 2 years, and even if i slightly bump it, it hurts like hell. but again, glad i did it.
    Ahhhh yes, my favorite comment. It's easy to say that when they're not the ones living with a big nose and being teased about it. I had people say the same thing to me or they'd tell me that they've never noticed my nose. Ummm, yeah, thanks! Rubbish! Lol

How long did it take until you were happy with the results? Until it looked close to what you wanted?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah two weeks post op it looked big n I was thinking the surgeon didn't do a good job, but then the swelling kept going further n further down, it really did take a good year for all the swelling to go down. It's weird that it takes that long but with noses apparently it does, I think all the cartilage takes a while to settle n the skin takes time to shrink down n adhere to it tightly (just guessing)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't say im 100% happy with the new nose, i'd say around 90% happy... i think i got over excited with the smallness when the cast came off, and wanted it just like that... but certainly much much better before! i would say it took all in all around a year to settle into shape.. same as everyone else says..

hahahaha - i agree, when ppl would say "what was wrong with your nose?". um are you blind or stupid?... it was MASSIVE, couldn't miss it. now when i look back at photos i cringe, how on earth did i live with it for so long?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't be down in the dumps it goes down! I had mine done about 8 years ago .. Takes a year to see final product. I unfortunately had damage to mine by DD and a hard cover book.. Dent in it now so looking at second op or aquamid injections or something.... Ahhhh...

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys have eased my mind so much. Thank you! I don't mind if I'm 80% happy with it. I'm 30% happy at the moment. Thank you all for replying. I'll *try* and be patient