+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cosmetic surgery

Have you ever had a rhinoplasty?
    Do you know of somebody who has had a rhinoplasty?

Question: Did your nose change over time? Did you see the difference 1 week later and 6 weeks later?

I had my surgery 10 days ago & when they took the cast off, I was really happy with the results. 7 days later & my nose looks like it used to, just a tad smaller. The nurse says its just swelling and that it'll go down but I'm really nervous about it not going down.
    If you've had one or know somebody who has had one... Did their/your swelling go down?

I've wanted this for so long and I'm kind of down in the dumps thinking that I've put myself through all of this for nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last bump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey - I haven't had rhinoplasty but I have had facial surgery. The swelling does definitely go down - but it does take at least six weeks. I had another surgery last Wednesday and am waiting again for the swelling to go down. It's rotten and hard to believe it really will go down, but it does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does it really? I understand if you don't want to tell me what you've had done but did you face look different at 2 weeks post op then what it did at 6+ weeks? My nose looked small and cute when I removed the cast and now it looks like it's gone back to my old size. I feel like I've gone from Ashley Tisdale to Sarah Jessica Parker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah it absolutely did look different.

I had a skin cancer on my upper lip removed and a flap flipped over it in late November. After those two ops (a week apart) I looked like a dog bite victim. Aside from stitches and scar my entire face was swollen. By Christmas most of the swelling was gone and I looked much better.

Most recent procedure was lipo to get rid of excess tissue in flap. It's quite swollen again but knowing how much it shrank after last time I am confident it will be amazing after 6 weeks. I just try to avoid looking in the mirror

Feel free to PM me. It's traumatic having anything done to your face and it's nice to hear good stories. My nurse last week had similar procedure done by same surgeon and she showed me her scars - I honestly didn't notice until she told me. Was so cathartic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you do much for easing my mind. I'm really hoping and praying that the swelling goes down. The nurse and surgeon told me that it will go down and that a lot of their patients feel down 2 weeks post op because of the swelling,but I can't wrap my head around their words!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's really hard to imagine it going down further after two weeks - especially when there is no pain etc. but it does keep going down - one of the thing I noticed was the difference in the size of the rest of my face. You don't necessarily notice your cheeks etc are swollen but they are - and when that starts to go down you can definitely see the difference.

There is no way I would be so calm about my latest procedure if the swelling from the first two hadn't gone down as promised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, A close friend of mine had a rhinoplasty and I can tell you the swelling definitely goes down, not just after 6 weeks, but continues to go down over the next year. It takes time for it to reach final look, so rest assured there is plenty of swelling yet to go down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Yeah it's really hard to imagine it going down further after two weeks - especially when there is no pain etc. but it does keep going down - one of the thing I noticed was the difference in the size of the rest of my face. You don't necessarily notice your cheeks etc are swollen but they are - and when that starts to go down you can definitely see the difference.

There is no way I would be so calm about my latest procedure if the swelling from the first two hadn't gone down as promised.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply and for helping ease my mind. I'd love to be as calm as you. I can't help but freak out. It has taken a lot for me to get to this stage and I'd feel terrible if this is the final size. Wish me luck. I shall watch my nose shrink over the next few weeks. If not, I'll have to punch the doc in the face.