+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Our IVF Journey.... A new direction!

My DH and I have undergone IVF treatment for a year. I underwent IVF due to genetic issues. The scientists developed a test to check my embryos for my syndrome. The 'healthy' ones are kept for transfer. I have had two stimulated cycles which resulted in 3 miscarriages over a 12 month period. Very heartbreaking!

Unfortunately, I have some other genetic issues and the chances of me conceiving with my own embryos are very slim. The embryos that are not affected with my genetic issue can undergo 'Advanced Embryo Selection' where they test to see if there are 23 pairs of chromosomes. This is an expensive procedure and we feel that greater success will happen with donor eggs.

I have also been recently diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome. So the chances of me conceiving naturally are extremely slim.

In two weeks time we are meeting with the counsellor to discuss our options of using an egg donor. My DH and I have had long chats, tears and discussed our future of starting a family. We are not giving up and know that our dreams and hopes will come true one day!

At this stage, I am not advertising as we need to get it approved by the Minster of Health but I wanted to share my journey and find it quite therapeutic to write this down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If and when you decide to look for a donor - if i can help you with any questions or personal experiences etc i am more than happy to chat to you. Its not an easy decision to make i know, and you can email me with any assistance or questions if you like.

faithhaugh@hotmail.com

my name is Faith

im in melbourne too!
    Last edited by pisces00; 28-02-2012 at 13:27. Reason: additional info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you For your support Faith. I will keep you in mind. We meet with the counsellor on the 7th of March. I am worried that it is going to take a long time to find a donor. I hear of the stories of 'good will' people out there but I think it will be too good to be true for me. Hopefully next Wednesday will shed some light.

How bizarre is the Melbourne weather atm!!