+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default DS tried to run across busy highway, panic attack and now unwell.

As the title states, my DS who's 3 and a half tried to run across the road whilst we were paying for dinner. I tried my best to keep hold of him but ended up having to run after him at 25 weeks pg.

I managed to stop him at the curb, but I had to physically restrain him from running across the road. I know he has been out of sorts and defiant since we moved. MIL and her different "parenting" style doesn't help at all either.

When I finally got him in the car, I had a panic attack, managed to gain my composure but ended up having to stop on the way back again. Ever since then I have felt unwell, seeing like flashes of red and trouble focusing.

I don't normally have panic attacks.

Guest Guest
    Omg you poor thing, how bloody scary
    Can you go to emergency and maybe get a quick check up? The stress has obviously affected you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If its anything like what I had after my daughter did a similar thing when she was a toddler, its like a traumatic response that happens after the fact. She wriggled out of my hand and went out onto the street, thank god this driver was paying attention and braked before hitting her and looked at me like 'that would have been horrible for us both'.

I got her back to the path and I was so mad, but I was so relieved. We started walking home, I had to stop and just pause because my eyes kept going funny, I was seeing spots and I was trembling. I called a doctor and was told it was like a delayed reaction, a panic attack that happened after the fact. I took the afternoon to chill, drank water and rested and I was fine.

I've never had anything like it since. If you're worried definitely pull into an emergency or after hours. I really feel for you, its horrible isn't it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you very much. I'm hoping it was just some residual issues from the sheer heart stopping moment.

Im going to take it easy for the rest of the night I think. I hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope a nights rest is all you need. I think our bodies are marvellous at the time they whip into action to make sure our babies okay and let us have our panic reaction later.

Fingers crossed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing, what a horrble situation to had been in
    If you are super worried, go to the ER and get a check up, even if it's a "just in case thing". When i was 32weeks pregnant with DS2 my eldest ended up in RCH because he has managed to pull a pot of boiling hot water from the stove onto himself and copped some fairly bad burns. I had a bad panick attack and shortly after ended up in premature labour because of the stress it caused my body, luckily they stopped it but I had to be on bed rest for a while after but ended up giving birth at fullterm.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was alright last night but this afternoon I have a back ache that I cannot get rid of. I think I'm going to make an emergency appointment with my OB just in case for tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If the back pain gets worse I would consider getting checked out earlier as sometimes premature labour can start off as back pain. Don't want to scare you but just wanted to mention it. Hope u feel better soon.