+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nappy rash.....or??

The last 2 days my 5.5mth DS has had a raised and bumpy like rash under his scrotum. It feels as if it's a bit swollen almost.

I thought nappy rash was just redness, no bumps etc. What does nappy rash look like? Or could this be something else? It doesn't seem to give him discomfort ATM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank-you, I've been using both those and the redness has only gone a little. Sudocream usually works straight away so was wondering if anything else it could be. Still has red raised bumps.

He has just started solids, maybe some if the food hasn't agreed with him? The last few days he's had pumpkin and pears, nothing too outrageous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, sounds like it may be a nappy rash. Maybe give him some naked time to see if it goes. Airing works best for my little bubba.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet belle For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my DD suffers from eczema and has it on her bum - it is an area that looks blotchy, red and raised. I guess nappy rash can come in many forms but i know the difference when my DD has a nappy rash and when she has excema on her bum.
    A trip to your GP wont hurt and will put ur mind at ease. They might perscribe you a stronger cream? and let you know if it is nappy rash or not.

I have head a bit of natural good old sunlight can do wonders - put a nice rug in a warm, sunny spot outside for 10mins or so and let him roam naked! Some nappy-off-time is good to "air them out" lol

Goodluck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Humphreyisapuppet For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies
    Ok so DS is currently lying with his nappy off, getting some fresh air (update: just peed all over me )

I've noticed that some of the bumps have 'popped' if that makes sense...almost like they were little pimples. Does this still sound like nappy rash, or should I see a doctor to be sure?

Again he's still happy and doesn't seem to be in pain, discomfort etc

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

GlitterFaerie  (22-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are really unsure never be afraid or feel silly to go and chat with your doctor or health nurse. Could even call the nurse hotline and chat to them about it.
    I'm not to sure about the popping, have never experienced that.
    The naked time is good and whenever my little bubba gets nappy rash that is all I used to do and it would be gone in a day.
    Now I use cloth Nappies and find them much better, never have nappy rash now.
    Also have been doing potty training with my 6 month old for a while now, think that helps because she is never in a wet nappy for long.