+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What everyone else has already said. Just remember that it's ok to take a breather and let another loving carer look after him while you grab a hot shower or bath, eat dinner or go for a walk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (20-02-2012)

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    9 weeks ago, he was in your tum. He was 'held' by you 100% of the time. When you think about how the first 9 months of his existence were, the last 9 weeks have been a HUGE transition for him. Of courseit's normal for him to want to be comforted by you - you are one of *the* only constants in his very little life.

To put it another way - do you think when he's 18, you'll be looking back and thinking "I wish I hadn't cuddled him as much"? My kids are 6 and 3 - and they were cuddled a LOT - and I'm already regretting the lost opportunities.

Hang in there. Newbies are so intense - but it's the most natural thing in the world for your bub to rely on you and need to be comforted by you.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tam-I-Am For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (20-02-2012),Gandalf  (21-02-2012),Speedy  (20-02-2012),Witwicky  (20-02-2012),wrena  (20-02-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely what pp's have said. I like getting comforted as an adult, so I can't imagine how a 9 week old would feel, after being inside of his Mummy 24/7 a short while ago Definitely try a baby carrier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Completely normal as PPs said - DD used to nap most of the time in my lap/arms Enjoy the cuddles while you can - now DD rarely naps in my arms, she's too busy looking around or playing and giving me smiles. She now naps on my bed, or if we're out and about in the pram or Ergo/Hugabub/Baby Bjorn.

I agree with the suggestions baby carrier - sometimes I used to put DD in the carrier when doing housework, or, I'd pop her in the bouncer in the room where I was doing working (e.g. in the kitchen when I was putting stuff in the dishwasher) and talk to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your points of view, I am going to try and embrace it more...my problem is I am a person that can't sit still and feels terrible if my house is a mess or if I can't get to things I need to do. Before bub I was on the go all the time and have found the change hard. But, this is not important and I will try and wear bub more and cherish every moment holding him. He needs me. Thanks for opening my eyes a bit more

8. The Following User Says Thank You to avenew05 For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You don't have to sit still Get a sling or a good carrier (I thoroughly and whole heartedly recommend the Ergo carrier) and put your precious little boy into it and off you go - you can do anything you want in it and he'll be as happy as a little cuddled bunny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avenew05 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your points of view, I am going to try and embrace it more...my problem is I am a person that can't sit still and feels terrible if my house is a mess or if I can't get to things I need to do. Before bub I was on the go all the time and have found the change hard. But, this is not important and I will try and wear bub more and cherish every moment holding him. He needs me. Thanks for opening my eyes a bit more
    I know how you feel, it was a big adjustment for me too! DD had to be held constantly for the first 3 months. It's exhausting but it does pass. I tried to go for walks every day to get myself active - it was a great way for DD to have a nap too.

Now (6mo) she rarely falls asleep in my arms and DH and I miss our little koala sleeping on our chests!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avenew05 View Post
    I felt exactly the same I'm a bit of a neat freak but once I just relaxed and got over the fact that it will get done, maybe not today but it will things got heaps better and I enjoyed things more by going with the flow. I got a baby carrier too and that made a huge difference.