+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4 weeks pregnant :) but with ovarian cysts, has anyone had a succesful pregnancy?

I am very stressed about having a miscariage as i read i have a 45% change of losing the baby from the cysts. Would love to hear anyone elses experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No experiences myself.

However my mum had ovarian cysts and told she wouldn't have children naturally.

She conceived my brother and I naturally and VERY easily in her 30's.

Both her pregnancies and her only two (never miscarried) we're very easy, no problems, worries etc. both very low risk and she gave birth to two very healthy children.

All the best hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    No advice unfortunately but best of luck hun. I'm also 4 weeks and had some spotting the other day so I totally get your fear of miscarriage. I'm sure your bubba will be fine, I also know it's hard but try not to stress about it. Definitely speak to your doctor about your concerns.
    Last edited by Apple iPhart6; 20-02-2012 at 12:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am not sure if it is the same thing, I suppose it would be but I am reading my 12 week scan results (my dr gives me a copy of all my results) and I had a 5.7 x 3.8cm complex luteal cyst on my left ovary. They never seemed to worried about it. By my 20 week scan it was gone. Baby is fine I am 24 weeks now. Hope this eases your worry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was the same as mordygordy they picked up at my 12 weeks scan that I had a large scan and said it'd only be a problem if it got bigger at 20week scan... I'm now 37 weeks preg and no problem with the cyst!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 1 cyst on my left ovary before I was pregnant with DS, it got quite painful around af but was only 2 x 2 cm docs wernt worried bout it.

I fell preg with DS as soon as we tried to get preg.
    The cyst started growing almost straight away and was really painful by 12 weeks it was around 10 cm and Another had formed around 3 cm. By 14 weeks the 10 was 13 cm but my OB wasn't overly worried ad said most go away on their own.
    By 20 weeks both were gone and never came back.
    I'm 18 1/2 weeks preg now and haven't had any this pregnancy.

My OB said if they get too big they can be removed after 12 weeks with simple key hole surgery but usually they just dissolve on their own.

Good luck hopefully yours dissolve by 20 weeks as well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not sure what cysts you are referring to, but it is very normal (and a good sign) to have luteal cyst on the ovary you ovulated from. They can get big and cause some pain but their function is to secrete the hormones that keep bub alive until the placenta takes over that role. Hope that helps?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default my cysts are pcos diagnosed 1 year ago

my cysts are pcos diagnosed 1 year ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had cysts on my ovaries (even had one rupture that required surgery) and have had two sucessful pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I developed a cyst on my left ovary at 23 weeks. On and off the pain was excruitating.

Eventually at 27 weeks pg my OB did major surgery and removed the cyst - it wasn't key hole surgery though - I have a 5 cm vertical scar down my tummy and, I lost half my left ovary and had 3 weeks in hospital post surgery.

Good news is mummy and baby were fine! I was terrified a the time but all turned outa ok. Downside I haven't been able to conceive naturally since and need IVF to fall pg.

Best of luck sure you'll be fine,

X