+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not on my wedding day but before hand my SIL asked me if i can move the date of my wedding as it concided with another wedding of a friend of theirs.

About 6 weeks out, invites have been sent out, reception room booked, food & cake sorted.

He*l No i cant move MY WEDDING DAY.

Can you tell i am still bitter about it.

OP Sorry about your crappy wedding day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My MIL refused to come to our wedding because we invited her daughter (DH's half sister), we said we wanted them both there, they didn't have to talk to eachother or be near eachother etc but we wanted them both there as they are both family.
    She constantly blames me and DH for why she wasn't there.
    A few weeks ago we received a late wedding present, a late engagement present and a late wedding card from here, it is only 2 years too late!!
    The card said:
    Something to keep I suppose. Congrats anyway and I hope you both have a long and happy married life together.
    Sorry but why would I want to keep a card reminding me of the fact that somebody was too childish and pathetic and didn't put her son first on his day and still blames us for it!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
    Not on my wedding day but before hand my SIL asked me if i can move the date of my wedding as it concided with another wedding of a friend of theirs.

About 6 weeks out, invites have been sent out, reception room booked, food & cake sorted.

He*l No i cant move MY WEDDING DAY.

Can you tell i am still bitter about it.

OP Sorry about your crappy wedding day
    My brother had his best friends wedding on the same day as mine. I didn't know, but I should have guessed something was wrong, I don't think he smiled all day!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister was my only bridesmaid. I asked her a couple of weeks after we got engaged (we were engaged for 2.5 years), and I had some definite ideas already about what I wanted for colors - black, white, purple

As she lived interstate at the time I told her that the only 2 things that she had to do was to make sure that I was not freaking out in the lead up to the wedding and to buy a black dress. I didn't care about the style I just wanted it to be a black dress and I left it up to her to find. I said that I would pay for it of course.

Fast forward to three days before the wedding. Still no dress. She starts arguing with me about it saying that it has all stressed her out too much. We go shopping and I find a gorgeous dress in purple (which still matched the scheme) and buy it.

The night before the wedding mum was giving me some gifts, which traditionally is just a mum/daughter moment. My sister cracks it cos she is not invited into the room where we are. Her friend (who I don't even like, but invited because my sister asked me to, so I had to pay nearly $200 for her and her daughter to come to the reception) gets stuck into me and mum saying that I'm selfish and always have been. My sister starts screaming at me saying that she never wanted to be a bridesmaid anyway and I it's not just all about me. Yeah right!

I start crying and I'm p!ssed off as I was supposed to go and see DF's family for dinner and I look like crap and I had the mother of all headaches coming on. Mum and I take off. I see DF and burst into tears and tell him what's going on. Mum lets me know that she has bought my fave cousin a dress, just in case my sister pulls out.

My sister and I make up in the morning (although she never really apologised properly). We are getting our hair and makeup done and she decides that she doesn't like the makeup that has been done and wipes most of it off. What a waste of $100.

Instead of being happy she spends all day complaining that it's cold (it was August so she had a point) and there is only one or two photos (from hundreds) that have her smiling.

Also at the reception she decided that she didn't like the seating arrangements at the bridal table and so she made the venue move everything around.

Oh, and her friend left early anyway as her daughter wasn't feeling well (she had an ear infection). What a waste of money that was.

Nearly 4 years on and it still gets me a bit upset whenever I go to a wedding and see how genuinely happy the bridesmaids are for the bride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL got rolling drunk at our reception and made a fool of herself during the speeches. I also gave her one of the flower arrangements to take home as a gift and she threw it in the bin! My cousin made racist comments to one of the waiters and nearly got the reception closed down and my 2 best friends got so drunk they could hardly stand up and then thought they were hilarious by following me and DH to our room. It was still a great day though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh. My. God.

These stories are horrendous! I'm getting married next June and although it is a while away, I'm TERRIFIED that any of this will happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Kinda. We aren't married and we probably wont ever be because if we invite DF's family, he cant have some aunts & cousins and not others. And If he ONLY invited aunts, uncles and their partners, cousins and their partners and children of cousins (because everyone would be coming from interstate or overseas so we'd have to have children) the estimate is about 75 people. DF has 18 aunts and uncles that are direct siblings of his parents (so not including partners of aunts & uncles)

These are not people you can say no to. DF's parents are not people who could grasp not inviting them for us. I suggested to DF only giving his parents a fortinghts notice before we get married so they dont have time to tell everyone they know where and when with enough notice to really gate crash.

But as far as keeping peace within his family we are far better off being godless sinners unmarried with children than not inviting EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN HIS FAMILY to our wedding.

So every time we talk about actually getting married the conversation usually ends with both of us saying "well we wont get married" "fine" "fine"

*sigh*

AND I get in an ideal world DF would actually want to have everyone attend our wedding. BUT seriously... no... I'm not having a $50k wedding full of total and complete strangers that wouldn't know I was the bride if they didn't see me in the white dress. I'd rather elope.

(though DF's parents suspect we have already. LOL. I'm happy for them to think that )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    On the Monday before the wedding (Sunday) I got a call saying my mil was dying and was not expected to make through the day. I managed to get dh on flight down to she her. He got there 1/2 hour before she died. He asked his close friend to make sure the music and the special trumpets (the ones they use at royal wedding arrived, Dh was trumpeter in army) arrived and were sent to the church.
    Dh mum did die that day and he stayed for funeral and only arrived back in town on the Saturday (the day before). The trumpets were no where to be found, The friend had sent them back and ripped up all the music. Apparently he was mad that dh had stayed for his mums funeral.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    On the Monday before the wedding (Sunday) I got a call saying my mil was dying and was not expected to make through the day. I managed to get dh on flight down to she her. He got there 1/2 hour before she died. He asked his close friend to make sure the music and the special trumpets (the ones they use at royal wedding arrived, Dh was trumpeter in army) arrived and were sent to the church.
    Dh mum did die that day and he stayed for funeral and only arrived back in town on the Saturday (the day before). The trumpets were no where to be found, The friend had sent them back and ripped up all the music. Apparently he was mad that dh had stayed for his mums funeral.
    O M G! That is horrible! How sad. Your poor DH.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lolly137; 28-03-2012 at 19:13.