+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Is MS a good indication of the gender?

Sorry, I know this is probably in the wrong section but there are so many to choose from!
    I was wondering, do you believe in the 'myth' that morning sickness with one pregnancy and not with the next means you will have different genders?

Everyone keeps telling me im having a boy as I am having really bad MS and had none with DD.

What do you think? For those with more than one child,do you think MS, or a lack thereof is a good indication of which sex you will have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not at all, i had awful sickness first time, none this time.. And they are both boys! They say every pregnancy is different.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope! It's the luck of the draw!

4girls, 2boys I had MS with all of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i had quite different pregnancies with my two, but had more morning sickness with my daughter than my son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had morning sickness with all mine to about the same degree..(am now pregnant with number 4 with DD1, DD2, DS and D? - unknown gender at this stage) I think it's a crock to be honest, another of the old wives tales I think.
    Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope. I had m/s with my first, not with my second and both are girls.
    I have heard from other people with both sexes that they had m/s with one and not the other but i'd say that was due to it being a different pregnancy not due to the sex of the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    no not at all i had nothing with ds1 but ds2 was really unwell

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1boyplus1 View Post
    I had morning sickness with all mine to about the same degree..(am now pregnant with number 4 with DD1, DD2, DS and D? - unknown gender at this stage) I think it's a crock to be honest, another of the old wives tales I think.
    Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear :-(
    Its exactly what I wanted to hear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think its a load of bull. With DD1 I had terrible MS, but didnt vomit a lot. It was just nausea. DD2, I was bedridden with it for the first 4 months, couldnt even keep water down most of the time and lost a lot of weight. This third one has been in the middle of those but we are yet to find out gender. So no, i dont think MS is an indication of gender, just as I dont believe how you carry is an indication. And cravings, same goes.