+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pram Travel System Recommendations [was thinking Chicco]

Hi Mummies

I am researching Travel Systems and was looking to get recommendations on one/s you liked or disliked.

I am leaning toward one of the Chicco options - are these any good?

Would love to hear all feedback, the good and the bad.

Many thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I loved my strider dlx when we had dd. and have just upgraded to strider plus for newbies arrival

I was shocked to see that the Chico is practically the same price as the strider

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I have a Valco Rebel Q with a safe and sound capsule that clicks in. The capsule was brilliant! Lived just lifting it out of the car and into the pram. Another bonus with the safe and sound capsule is that it is suitable up to 12kg (many only go up to 8kg).

DS has just grown out the capsule and were using the pram. It's great! Can have bub facing you or facing out (that was a big one for me). It is large but not as big or as heavy as the strider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Although I haven't used it yet, we are getting the strider plus & capsule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the baby jogger city select with maxi cosi mico capsule.. It's a great set up and love the pram especially if u decide to have more kiddies needing a double pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought the Chicco Cortina but I can't recommend it yet as bub doesn't arrive for another 4 weeks or so!! So far we've found it easy to steer, fit in the car, collapse and put the capsule in. We were lucky to find one in perfect condition on eBay for half price

We considered getting the Strider Plus. But the bulkiness turned us off. We don't plan on having our children close enough together that they will both be in a pram, so didn't need a pram with the extra seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get adaptors for maclaren strollers that take the unity capsule

You can also buy adaptors for the baby jogger city mini. I think the Maxi cosi and peg perego one fit. Not sure about others.

I would buy a good stroller/ pram and have the travel system as a 'bonus'.

You can also get adaptors for many prams now including mountain buggy. Most fit the unity though.

Bugaboo and Quinny zapp take the maxi cosi mico

There are lots of prams which take adaptors so don't think you need to buy a specific 'travel system'.

I personally would get a lie back stroller with adaptors. So much easier for getting in and out of the car. I would have a 'walking' pram too though. Even if you go second hand for that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nuna Pepp travel system

I have the Nuna pepp with maxi cosy capsule.

I love my pepp.

It is so light we just used it to travel overseas and it folds into a carry bag!

Best of all for me is that I find it easy to open and close even with the capsule as you don't need to keep taking off the adapters.

It wasn't expensive either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby jogger city select with maxi cosi travel system.

Really easy to attach capsule to pram

It's a pram with the added bonus of the travel system and a second seat option.

2 gfs have the strider pram with travel system which they also love

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's a reason all the best prams fit the Maxi Cosi...

I have used mine on Bugaboo, Stokke, Quinny, Joolz, Phil and Teds and Silver Cross and it has been the best bit of baby kit ever. Deeper than most competitors so it lasts longer too.

Though if it is a toss up between the Chicco and the Strider capsule-- good golly, go the Chicco! Not only is the Strider a lousy pram in my opinion, the capsule is quite shallow and I would be surprised if it lasts beyond six months.