+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont expect it, but I always assume people will be drinking.
    I never assume or expect it will be supplied though. I dont drink anyway so its never an issue for me, and if DP feels like drinking he will always pick up something on the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No it's not expected. With our group of friends we all like a drink and we all have alcohol at our houses so if we have a BBQ we could have a drink if we want to but we hardly do if it's just a BBQ. We normally plan if we are going to be drinking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh just had to how cool my thread created a spin off

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (20-02-2012),share a book  (19-02-2012),twotrunks  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I'm actually quite concerned about the number of people who drink at birthday parties and am kinda glad that dd doesn't attend parties. I had my head in the sand about alcohol expectations :/
    Same lol i was shock when alcohol was served at my friends ds first bday. I remember it being on of my first bh thread that I read and being shock that many posted expected alcohol to be served

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I never really 'expect' it, it's usually a given though.

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I have fruit punch and will sometimes buy a bottle of something for people to add it to their own but not always.

I've also attended 3 weddings where there was no alcohol served.
    I would definitely expect it at a wedding. Was it a dry bar or were guests allowed to purchase drinks themselves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My partner has been to dry weddings as his extended family (cousins) are 7th day adventists. I assume most dry weddings are for religious reasons?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I guess I do for a bbq or dinner. Though if there's not any I don't really think it odd. I have fortnightly dinners with my close girlfriends and there's almost never alcohol as they're on Wednesday nights and everyone's driving. We always have a few bottles of wine in the house so when it's my turn i'll always offer but usually no-one drinks except me and one girl who lives down the road. Most of the time for dinner parties we will BYO. We had champagne for DS's 1st b'day as it was just us and the grandparents and uncles.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No. Most of our friends don't drink either.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope.

Which is weird, because it's not like I come from non-drinking parents. My parents probably had beer or wine if they were at a social gathering... but I just don't. I wouldn't have booze waiting for my guests if they came over here, and I wouldn't even think of being served alcohol if I went to someone else's either (unless it was a cocktail party or something, where the whole idea is to drink... lol).

I find dry weddings odd though. Not so much that the bride/groom don't pay, but more than there's just not alcohol at all. I guess I like the idea that if you're at a venue, at night, you can choose to have a glass if you so desire... but at someone's house, I just don't expect it at all.

It it was still daylight hours, I'd actually feel weird if I was offered a drink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope.

DH family's side never never never alcohol!

My Mum and me like a nice wine on a special occasion get together but other then that I don't care.

Most "do's" with friends has alcohol but me and DH rarely drink anyway.