+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ideas for my girls 1st birthday party!

Hey !
    My daughter turns 1 in about 6 weeks!
    Just wanting ideas of what to do for her birthday party?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So does my DS! I've been looking at the parties on babyology.com for inspiration.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds turns 1 in just over 7 weeks. We are doing a monkey themed party at home with family & friends.

The monkey theme is just some basic decorations, with green & yellows for a color scheme

I figure ds is most comfortable at home, and that way when he gets too overwhelmed and tired he can go to bed as normal.

There will be a mix of kids & adults, we are doing a ball pit (he already has, just need more balls) and a bubble machine. Otherwise just have some of his toys out.

I think if you decide who you want there, then you can figure out if you can have it at home or elsewhere. Then decide on time to fit in with your baby - food is dictated by what time of day it is. And if you choose a theme - a character or color scheme - it makes it easy to find decor etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are so many ideas on pinterest!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your replies!

I'm gonna have it at home maybe have a BBQ etc!
    Just dont know what to do to entertain the other kids that will be coming I was going to hire a jumping castle but that's a bit too expensive lol!!

Also I'm really stuck on what I could buy her as a present from us (she already has so many toys lol) any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiexox View Post
    Thank you so much for your replies!

I'm gonna have it at home maybe have a BBQ etc!
    Just dont know what to do to entertain the other kids that will be coming I was going to hire a jumping castle but that's a bit too expensive lol!!

Also I'm really stuck on what I could buy her as a present from us (she already has so many toys lol) any ideas?
    What age range are the kids coming? If theyre a bit older, get some butchers paper and tape it over a table then put stickers and crayons out. The bubble machine we are getting is only little, but it's $20 ! Kids love bubbles If you put afew toys and things out you shouldn't need to pay for anything extravagant. Do you have a toy library near you? If you check the catalogue now you should be able to reserve some for the party. Our local toy library is awesome! So much variety, including tunnels etc.

What about a keepsake bracelet? Or a charm bracelet you can add to every year. We are giving ds a jumpolene - like a little inflatable trampoline.. Coz he's obsessed with jumping at the moment!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had DS first birthday in a park , most of my friends kids are older so I had about 7 (7-10 year olds) so we did traditional party games like pass the parcel, egg and spoon race, pin the tail and because it was a pirate party a treasure hunt, the funniest thing was a lot of DH mates don't yet have kids so I also did the same games but made all the dads/guys do then while the kids cheered them on! ( very funny watching 20 and 30 something guys doing an egg and spoon race)
    I went to town on all the pirate party stuff ( eBay and the USA have great party things) plus got a personalised banner and favor boxes with his photo on them
    For his present we bought DS a star ( star registry.com.au) you can name it after your DD and you get a map showing where your star is to frame

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had DSs party in a park - we had a jumping castle and animal farm. We had about 20 kids 2+ coming and these kept them entertained the whole time! Wasn't too expensive and definitely worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    for my dd's birthday I did a pink, silver, white theme party and made it quite classical as it was also her christening.

Other idea's.

High tea - play ladies
    polka dot theme
    nursery rhyme theme like twinkle twinkle
    Princess
    Fairy
    Rainbow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did a polka dot cupcake theme so she wore a polka dot petti skirt and cupcake top. I had polka dot cupcake papers and other decorations I brought online and made a huge cupcake birthday cake and covered it in white fondant icing with coloured polka dots and lots of cupcakes decorated the same. Colours were pink, blue and green