Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Them "so how old are your two?"
    Me "DS is 2 in March, DD is 1 in March...."
    Them *look of horror*
    Me *points to belly* "this bub due in May"
    Them *jaw dropped* "ohhhh... How old are you?"
    Me "how old do I look"
    Them "17/18?"
    Me "well hubby says I look 19, but I'm turning 23"...
    Them "you're married?!?"

And we see the general pattern...

Oh

"Don't you two know how to do anything BUT have sex and make babies?" TV comment thrown in etc...

It hurts, cause yes I love my kids, but I didn't want them as close as they are but that's the way it happened...

I was embarrassed at a party when everyone else announced my pregnancy this time and I got lectured...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It bugs me when people say 'all jokes aside' when there has been no humour in anything they have said previous to that comment!!!!! Gahhh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    Yes! And anyway, shouldn't it be yous, as in the plural of you, not use??!!

I also HHHAATTEE when people use the wrong your/you're and there/their/they're and to/too/two. Seriously, it's not that difficult!
    Sounds like you would enjoy the "Spelling and grammar vent thread"! Lol. Come have a look and vent away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    nat. That sounds awful

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spideysmummy View Post
    I also hate when people don't like something and refer to it as 'gay'.

I generally respond with something like "it might not be a pleasant experience but gay is not the word you're looking for..." idiots.
    I hate this as well. My step-brothers state that everything is 'gay' and they call each other p**fters all the time It's awful, I always say something but their Mother does it too so it's a lost cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh and pronunciation vent. From my df so I live with it every day:

Mumf
    Amfany
    Somethink
    Anythink

*phew*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yes I remember those "it will happen when it wants" and after I lost my DS at 18 weeks "it wasn't meant to be" Or "you can always try again"

Those hurt so deep so I decided to start snapping back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    "You must be so happy you've finally got a boy!"

Nah, I was blooooody stoked when I had my first daughter, I was bloooody stoked when I had my second daughter and I'll be blooooody stoked if I have a third healthy baby.

And no, DH isn't finally proud to be a dad because he's having a son, you stupid son of a jacka-s, he was proud the first time he became a dad. Part of me hopes you choke on a dry cornflake for a few seconds at breakfast each morning.

Sigh. WHY THE HECK DID WE TELL ANYONE THE GENDER!!!! *headbang*

Lol... okay, this was only slightly annoying...

I went to the bakery this morning by myself and treated myself to some goodies and we go there often so the lady quite innocently said, 'is the husband hungry this morning?' I felt my face go red as I said, 'dunno, he's at work, but me and this baby sure are starved, we just walked from the newsagent next door.'

Its annoying in the sense that... she thought I couldn't eat it all lol. So I sat out the front the DEMOLISHED it. It's petty, isn't it?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (20-02-2012),magic star  (20-02-2012),TimTamsandTea  (21-02-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Any people who leap to conclusions. "Oh, single now mate, on the prowl!" Maybe I don't fit the stereotype *********! Or "The kids will probably wind up spending more time at their mum's when they get older." Excuse me, I'm the better parent so they might stay with ME! Just because I'm bl00dy male doesn't mean I want to ditch my kids and screw anything with a heartbeat!

Grrrr

And then the inevitable questions I get about a scar I have on my head. "Ooh, what happened?" I think I'll get a freakin t-shirt made so I don't have to answer that question anymore. I solace myself with answering it differently, particularly when I'm in a mood:

I was shot
    Shark attack
    Flesh eating bacteria
    Attacked by a badger

Or my favourite:

I banged it on your wife's bedhead.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (21-02-2012),CluckySC  (20-02-2012),Gandalf  (21-02-2012),rae81  (20-02-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebones View Post
    Part of me hopes you choke on a dry cornflake for a few seconds at breakfast each morning.
    Bwahahahahaha! Can I steal that! That's awesome!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

Bubs'n'Roses  (20-02-2012)