+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Latest annoying thing - "How longer are you going to breastfeed for?" I swear about half a dozen people have asked me this in the last week Or "Surely it's time to start weaning?"

WHY are people so concerned with what I'm feeding my baby?!
    Just wait till it becomes 'will you EVER wean?!?' or 'if you don't wean NOW You don't want him breast feeding until he's 6!!!'

(cos the jump between 2.5 years & 6 years is nothing. Lol)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (21-02-2012),Witwicky  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppykissesmonsterhugs View Post
    To use last week as an example, I got a:

Oh, TWO boys! You poor thing

and
    a

Boys, hey? You really need to get yourself one of these (motioning to female baby)

and finally a

Would you risk having a third and getting ANOTHER boy? Oh God, imagine that!

It fascinates and infuriates me that people are so obsessed with gender.
    It concerns me that people discuss boys as if they are somehow broken and need fixing. Ugh! It just makes my blood boil.
    I get similar. I have 2 girls and belly babe is also a girl. We haven't told anyone though and often get comments such as, "if this one is a girl you'll have to have another one!". Umm..no. Three is what we planned regardless of gender.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, some people are heartless idiots. Hugs Lemonhead (and everyone else that needs it!)

On announcing we're pregnant again.
    "Well you're going to have your hands full, 2 babies....."
    Yes, there will be 17 months between my kids, but we planned it that way. And as a mum, I'm always going to be busy so shut the f**k up!

And announcing before 12 weeks to my aunt.. "don't forget miscarriage runs in the family" WTF! I'm sorry you never got to have children I really am, but miscarriage does not "run" in any family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also hate when people don't like something and refer to it as 'gay'.

I generally respond with something like "it might not be a pleasant experience but gay is not the word you're looking for..." idiots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    'Oh, you're going to have your hands full'..

(I have 3 daughters and a baby on the way) and I swear I hear this at least 2-3 times a week.

and don't even get me started on the comments about whether or not this baby is a boy or girl, because God forbid this baby is 'another' girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I sometimes peer around the front of the pram to check if DD is asleep (if for some reason the viewing window on top is blocked). A few times some wise guy has jokingly said "Yep, the baby's still there!". I know it's just a joke and I normally have a sense of humour, but sometimes it a bit like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I know most people mean well when they say it, but I hate, "You're so lucky you didn't have to go through labour" or "you're so lucky you had a caesarean!" It would be okay, except for the fact that I feel far from lucky and whenever anyone says this to me, I think, "Okay, so this person and I will never be close friends," which is kinda unfair, but it just irritates me so much.

I actually also hate, "How did you do it?" when people notice/find out I've lost a decent amount of weight. It can go a few ways, and often it's the "Oh wow, I've never heard of that... what's involved?" kinda curious way... but I hate it because it could be a, "Well, I think you should have just exercised and ate well!" way where they like to tell you how stupid you are for having had surgery (even though it's working, obviously... and exercise and eating well never did for me...).

Thanks
    Reviews
    "You can't say you'll never have another baby, you're only 24!"
    Yes I'm only 24 but if you'd experienced a pregnancy and birth like DSs then you'd understand. Besides, it's my decision AND we have always said only 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curlyhead21 View Post
    It's not really a phrase but my dim-witted SIL says 'use' instead of 'you guys'...all the time...in verbal conversation and in text/FB messages. It just grates me every time!

"What are use up to? I'm going to come visit use soon".

She also comments on my FB photos that my DD is 'gawjus'...it worries me because I'm not sure if she's doing it on purpose or if she actually thinks that's how you spell 'gorgeous'.

I worry about when I get older and the younger generation and running the world.
    Yes! And anyway, shouldn't it be yous, as in the plural of you, not use??!!

I also HHHAATTEE when people use the wrong your/you're and there/their/they're and to/too/two. Seriously, it's not that difficult!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're kidding me!!!! Yous???
    You is a singular AND a plural.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goosette For This Useful Post:

Pammyla  (20-02-2012),rainbow road  (20-02-2012)