+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When people say things like:

"You only want a baby so badly because you are trying to fill a void in your life. If you can't be happy and fulfilled without a baby then you don't deserve one."

Um, no dipsh!t. I AM happy and I AM fulfilled ... But it is actually biologically normal to 'long for' a child. I resent the insinuation that DH and I have to try so hard to get pregnant because we don't 'deserve' a baby.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lemonhead - that is just heartless. People like that deserve a good smack in the head.

I work at a chicken shop - my favourite questions "do you sell whole chickens"um yep sure do...
    "how do your chips come"- um COOKED
    " can i have a cooked chook" um i dont think the health inspector will let us sell them raw......

I get sick of being asked if my DF and I will have a child of our own.We tried and it didnt happen actually it was a huge failure.
    We have been together nearly 6 years and have a happy blended family with 3 kids between us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Someone asked my mother why we were bothering to have a funeral for DD because "we only knew her for 4 days, we couldn't have been *that* attached"

Ohhhhhh wow.

Mother was not pleased, I just laughed in disbelief.
    What an idiot!! Some people are fools!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just read through the whole thread. I can't believe some of the heartless, cruel things people have said.

*hugs* lemonhead

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Californication  (20-02-2012),rae81  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roopee View Post
    "You're just a Uni student- so thekids/house/husband and all things associated with that are still your job".

Yeah thanks for slapping me into the 1950's. You're right. I am 'just' a Uni student. But I'm a full time Uni student, with 4 kids and in case it's escaped your notice , I DO do everything fecking thing associated with THAT, including the 4 kids, the 4 chickens, the dog the house, the sporting events, the extra curricular activites etc etc etc etc and the list goes on and on and on and on. With NO help from said husband ie: your SON!

So yeah, thanks for reminding me of my 'place'. Awesome.

*clearly i was needing THAT little outburst- sorry OP*
    Must be the week for it Roopee. My MIL told me that she has very grave concerns about my capability to do all I have to do and be a good enough mother. Nice. When I told her DH is really helpful I got "well he really works hard enough all ready". Nice. So I can continue to sit back and eat bon bons then?! how about you try and offer help then!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Fibromyalgia doesnt exsist apparently

I really hate it when In constantly asked when Im going to get better too, there is no cure ffs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    When people say things like:

"You only want a baby so badly because you are trying to fill a void in your life. If you can't be happy and fulfilled without a baby then you don't deserve one."

Um, no dipsh!t. I AM happy and I AM fulfilled ... But it is actually biologically normal to 'long for' a child. I resent the insinuation that DH and I have to try so hard to get pregnant because we don't 'deserve' a baby.
    Whoa - that's really dumb.

The whole list of 'it'll happen when you're ready'

'it'll happen when it's meant to be'

'it'll happen when you relax'

'it'll happen when a purple possum crosses the road'

NO it'll happen when I ovulate and.... Blahblahblah (too tired to recall how conception occurs... Lol)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (20-02-2012),Shoopuf  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    "Maybe you should take a break from all the fertility treatment? So often it 'just happens' when people stop trying." Yes, we stop doing the treatment and I stop ovulating. I can see that being a successful plan.

"The biggest problem (to getting pregnant) is up here!" (tapping my forehead)

No. The biggest problem is down here. (Pointing to ovaries).

"Well at least you still have DD." I get this while trying for #2, and someone actually said it to a relative of mine who lost a daughter at 6. So, is that an acceptable thing to say if someone loses a parent? "Well, you still have another one..." Or a friend? "Hey, at least you've got some other ones..."

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Are they twins? (nope I just kidnapped another child who looks eerily like my own)

Are they identical? (seriously? Can you not tell? FFS if they look the same wouldn't that imply they are identical? What do you want me to say- that one has a mole on the top if his head and the other one a freckle on his bum so that must mean they're not identical?!?)

Will you have another baby? (will your life change dramatically depending on my answer? Do you really need to know its a huge ongoing argument between dp and I because I want another one and he doesn't? Do you want to hear that it's been going on for 3 years with no resolution in sight? How I feel incomplete but he feels as though another one would be a huge strain on the family, especially if it turns out to be allergic to sleep like the boys apparently were?)

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? (huh? Magically overnight I swapped places with dp? And even if I did, it's somehow put me in a bad mood?!)

(but yeah, maybe this morning I *did* wake up on the wrong side of the bed!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppykissesmonsterhugs View Post
    To use last week as an example, I got a:

Oh, TWO boys! You poor thing

and
    a

Boys, hey? You really need to get yourself one of these (motioning to female baby)

and finally a

Would you risk having a third and getting ANOTHER boy? Oh God, imagine that!

It fascinates and infuriates me that people are so obsessed with gender.
    It concerns me that people discuss boys as if they are somehow broken and need fixing. Ugh! It just makes my blood boil.
    I think people sometimes are just making conversation or speaking from their own preferences. It's interesting though how the first thing people want to know about a baby is it's gender when babies are pretty neutral though, but that's what our society uses to categorize I guess. =\

I like how everyone has an opinion on my reproduction...

After arguing with DP (and whinging to mum about it) recently I called her up with exciting news and she said "phew, I thought you were going to say you were pregnant" ummm I'm 28 years old, I thought that would have been good news mum? Sorry, I didn't realize that in order to be have a baby you can never argue with your partner...especially growing up with you and dad! Lol

And then my mil when it came up that we were trying for a baby "well you're not getting any younger, the clocks ticking".. And I think "who said we were having kids in the first place and actually I'm not that freaking old, thanks"...

I probably take these things too personally at the moment but it is interesting how everyone feels they have a say...