+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister about my DS only a having one hour nap during the day and her DD (one month younger) who sleeps for 3+ "well I can't help that my kids are just more laid back than yours"

DS is laid back, he just loves to be in on the action!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Someone asked my mother why we were bothering to have a funeral for DD because "we only knew her for 4 days, we couldn't have been *that* attached"

Ohhhhhh wow.

Mother was not pleased, I just laughed in disbelief.
    You are F'n kidding me??? Your stronger than me. I would've decked her one and not felt guilty.

Hope you and the family are doing ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 6 years trying View Post
    my conversation at work with a customer I was just a bit over it

me { hi how are you today ?}
    lady { fine thanks}
    some time passes we talk about the weather

lady { so are you married}
    me { yeah have been for 3 years have been with him for over 7 years}
    lady { thats nice how many children do you have}
    me { we dont have any}
    so I get a lot of strange looks making me feel like I should explain cause these days you must be crazy if you are married and dont have kids

me{ we have been trying for a long time and had a few miscarriages}
    lady { IT WILL HAPPEN WHEN ITS MEANT TO HAPPEN , YOUR ONLY YOUNG MAYBE YOU LOST THOSE FOR A REASON MAYBE ITS GOOD TO WAIT TILL YOUR OLDER]
    me { 'insert fake smile here' yeah maybe}
    but me really wanting to say is shut up its meant to happen now thats when and no 27 is not to young dont you know lady I live with the heart ache every day being a mum is all I every wanted to be
    me { gave her back her change and said have a great day
    lady{ said thanks and walks away while she tellsl her child to sit the f**K down and shut up wait till you get home you little c**T and I tell your farther he wasnt even playing up just beind loud like kids do
    Oh, I love the "when the time is right" ones.
    I always get "you still have plenty of time"
    Yes, I still have plenty of time to exhaust myself emotionally, physically and financially.

Thanks
    Reviews
    "this too shall pass"

Makes me wanna slap someone.

I understand it is said in kindness, blah blah....but it makes my skin crawl every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not really a phrase but my dim-witted SIL says 'use' instead of 'you guys'...all the time...in verbal conversation and in text/FB messages. It just grates me every time!

"What are use up to? I'm going to come visit use soon".

She also comments on my FB photos that my DD is 'gawjus'...it worries me because I'm not sure if she's doing it on purpose or if she actually thinks that's how you spell 'gorgeous'.

I worry about when I get older and the younger generation and running the world.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to curlyhead21 For This Useful Post:

Pammyla  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL told me, that she refused to acknowledge I was pregnant until my 12 week scan. Excuse me, I believe my constant morning sickness begs to differ. I thought it was really harsh, made it hard especially because we normally have a really great relationship.

Waiting on the arrival of William

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Most things like come from MIL's mouth.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm finding the 'check your dignity at the door' thing when your having a baby starting to grate on me.

Actually no - I'm just as much a human being deserving of respect and dignity the day I'm birthing a baby as I do any other day.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (19-02-2012),Deserama  (20-02-2012),elleandsam  (20-02-2012),Gandalf  (19-02-2012),MamaC  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I'm finding the 'check your dignity at the door' thing when your having a baby starting to grate on me.

Actually no - I'm just as much a human being deserving of respect and dignity the day I'm birthing a baby as I do any other day.
    I agree yes many of my inhibitions are left at the door but at no time is my dignity put aside.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bel0v3d For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (20-02-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (20-02-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Someone asked my mother why we were bothering to have a funeral for DD because "we only knew her for 4 days, we couldn't have been *that* attached"

Ohhhhhh wow.

Mother was not pleased, I just laughed in disbelief.
    my nana was told the same after her son died. the woman then went on to say 'its not like he was your only child, at least you have a few spare children'