+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to work for someone with the worst grammar and spelling. Eg: instead of saying 'except' she would say 'essept' .... That one really used to bug me!! There were so many others and I can't remember them right now.
    I posted this a few weeks ago but a lady at my work told me it was my fault that dd still wakes during the night hence why I should not be talking about being tired. When I told her I was still breastfeeding she looked at me like I was the most disgusting person on earth and then proceeded to tell me I should NOT be feeding dd anymore as she was too old. (she's 16 months) and by the way lady, it's none of your beeswax!! Grrr people are so insensitive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    I hope no-one thought I was defending the "yous" thing!!! I was more talking about the logic behind why people thing it's a word :-) like, why would they think it was "use"? It's not even in the same family!
    I think in the original post it was just spelt wrong by the poster.... Most people i know spell it youse which is different again hence why I used the 3 different spellings 😜
    Doesn't matter how it's spelt, it's still wrong and does my bloody head in!! Lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to siege For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (21-02-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It didn't annoy me so much as make me laugh. I had a co-worker always say "Well, I guess it depends on your respective" instead of saying "perspective." It's a part of my vocabulary now in certain circles because we found it hilarious!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many horrible things being said to people grieving! I really don't get why some people bother to open their mouths. True idiots. Hugs to all of you!

I have a 2 year old DD and am 32. My mother constantly tells me the "clock is ticking" "it's too long between" and then, for some unknown and bizarre reason , tells people we have been trying for quite some time without success and has no problem announcing its about time we sought " medical assistance"....UM, mum we have NOT been trying, I've told you this several times, and BTW, I'd prefer you don't discuss my sex life with strangers, particularly when it's untrue...so embarrassing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got really annoyed when my bub was in the Special Care nursery for a month and some unhelpful people I met (including a nurse IN the SCN, despite their literature saying not to say this) would say "At least you can get some sleep while bub is in the nursery."

Hello? Sleep? All I do is express milk like a two-leg dairy cow for at least 5hours a day, travel to the nursery, travel home for a quick bite or clothes change, and worry about being away from my bub so I phone then return to the nursery! How exactly is this conducive to sleep? We'd all rather look after our own babies than worry about their health if they in hospital. What a stupid thing to say! Do some people not think at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    I got really annoyed when my bub was in the Special Care nursery for a month and some unhelpful people I met (including a nurse IN the SCN, despite their literature saying not to say this) would say "At least you can get some sleep while bub is in the nursery."

Hello? Sleep? All I do is express milk like a two-leg dairy cow for at least 5hours a day, travel to the nursery, travel home for a quick bite or clothes change, and worry about being away from my bub so I phone then return to the nursery! How exactly is this conducive to sleep? We'd all rather look after our own babies than worry about their health if they in hospital. What a stupid thing to say! Do some people not think at all?
    No. Some people truly do not.

I HATE being asked if I am pregnant, especially if I am and I don't want to let people know until 12 weeks, because it puts me in the position of either having to lie or telling people before I am comfortable. I explained this to an idiot who asked me before I was ready (after I lied to her about it a few weeks prior) and she just did not get it, was all "but I asked you discreetly!". And? By that logic, I should be able to ask people what they weigh, how much is in their bank account, how often they get laid etc, as long as I ask discreetly? What made her assume she was someone I would tell early? But she still doesn't understand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebones View Post
    "You must be so happy you've finally got a boy!"

Nah, I was blooooody stoked when I had my first daughter, I was bloooody stoked when I had my second daughter and I'll be blooooody stoked if I have a third healthy baby.

And no, DH isn't finally proud to be a dad because he's having a son, you stupid son of a jacka-s, he was proud the first time he became a dad. Part of me hopes you choke on a dry cornflake for a few seconds at breakfast each morning.

Sigh. WHY THE HECK DID WE TELL ANYONE THE GENDER!!!! *headbang*

Lol... okay, this was only slightly annoying...

I went to the bakery this morning by myself and treated myself to some goodies and we go there often so the lady quite innocently said, 'is the husband

hungry this morning?' I felt my face go red as I said, 'dunno, he's at work, but me and this baby sure are starved, we just walked from the newsagent next door.'

Its annoying in the sense that... she thought I couldn't eat it all lol. So I sat out the front the DEMOLISHED it. It's petty, isn't it?
    haha, classic. You have quite a way with words!!

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    It didn't annoy me so much as make me laugh. I had a co-worker always say "Well, I guess it depends on your respective" instead of saying "perspective." It's a part of my vocabulary now in certain circles because we found it hilarious!
    Ha! I adopt and apply made up words all the time. One of my sisters shares this passion and our conversations are peppered with these gems. I'm sure anybody who overhears one of our conversations thinks we are complete morons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Oh Lemonhead that's awful!!! Hope they're not coming to the funeral! My mum had something similar...kinda....she lost a daughter at 2mths of age and when she told a long time friend they said...and I quote "Oh I know how you feel, I lost my CAT last week." Ummmm ok then.
    ERRR WHAAAT?

Yes, because the loss of your cat totally allows you to understand how it feels for someone to lose a CHILD. Hell no. That b!tch would have been on the floor haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Oh!!! The purple possum! I can't believe I didn't think of that! Of course!
    I know! It's so obvious WHY didn't I think of it before!!!