+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some people really should just not be allowed out of the house.

My SMIL told me I "hadn't really had a loss because there was no baby" after our blighted ovum. Sure. We'd had 12 weeks of being excited and getting attached, but who cares because there was never a real baby. Not sure I will ever forgive her for that. The loss was pretty bl00dy real to me.

And the nice Christian lady who told my sis that her baby would be in hell because it wasn't baptized. She lost the baby at around 14 weeks, so that was nice for her to hear too.

And now we get told we are clever for having a boy and a girl. Clever had nothing to do with it! It's just the luck of the draw and I would have been just as happy with another boy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

TimTamsandTea  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Being told that having a stillborn DD2 was "probably for the best" since my ex was an abusive f-head. Yeah, so of course i would want my baby to die because i hated him

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    Being told that having a stillborn DD2 was "probably for the best" since my ex was an abusive f-head. Yeah, so of course i would want my baby to die because i hated him

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    ((hugs)) that's awful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    "I'm not racist, but... {insert racist remark}"
    "I'm not trying to be mean, but... {insert mean remark}"
    "Everyone deserves equal opportunities, but {insert marginalizing comment}"

DH always says "bet you a million dollars"... We don't gamble, we don't have a million dollars, your money is my money, so that's just a stupid saying.
    *sigh* the 'no offense but...' 'im just being honest.... '

My DF says 'I'll bet you $20 i can...*something*.' and I know usually that's a good time to agree with him because either it'll cost me $20 or he's about to do something stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    I saw a quote the other day re this that amused me...

Grammar: the difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t

Haha, I posted the exact thing on my Facebook last week!

elly_star (I think - going from memory here) - I am a "ya mum" culprit! Mine and DH's conversations often play out like...
    "hmmm, the dog might need a bath soon, he's is a bit smelly"
    "your mum is a bit smelly!"
    "your face is a bit smelly!"
    "your bum is a bit smelly!"

... And so on :-) we are 26 & 28 :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    Yes! And anyway, shouldn't it be yous, as in the plural of you, not use??!!
    The plural of you is you.... Youse/yous/use is not a word (well use is but not in this situation) and when ever people say it I always say "I don't see any female sheep anywhere" which is always met with a dopey look..... Ewes is a word, but it does NOT describe 2 or more PEOPLE!!!
    I also hate when people describe a situation or thing being 'gay' or retarded.... Both words are incredibly offensive when not used in the correct context.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, just read through the thread - some seriously horrible people out there to say such things!

I frequently get "oh well, you know DD is only X weeks/months old, so you can't expect her to do/not do {insert activity}"...thanks MIL-to-be, I love you but ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siege View Post
    The plural of you is you.... Youse/yous/use is not a word (well use is but not in this situation) and when ever people say it I always say "I don't see any female sheep anywhere" which is always met with a dopey look..... Ewes is a word, but it does NOT describe 2 or more PEOPLE!!!
    I hope no-one thought I was defending the "yous" thing!!! I was more talking about the logic behind why people thing it's a word :-) like, why would they think it was "use"? It's not even in the same family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Women (unfortunately it tends to be mainly women) who have to justify why they eat anything. At a high tea I went to every person there made some excuse before eating a cake, or a 2nd cake. "Well I AM going to the gym later," and "Well, I won't need dinner," etc. Just eat the cake!!
    OMG yes!!! My mum is a shocker for this, so is my sister actually. I often end up saying to them "It's ok, really, you don't have to justify it to me".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elly_star View Post
    DH and his work mates are stuck on a 'your mum is' habit and it's super frustrating! It seemed like at one point every time I made a statement or asked him a question DH would retort with 'your mum.' Arghmongers! You're 28, not 8! Thankfully a long-suffering employee instituted a 'your mum' jar and they might stop soon.

People who hash tag things on facebook (which is a twitter thing). Actually, people on facebook. It seems like that site is an open invitation for people to be the annoying selves that they truly are!

People who say 'Yeah...but' when you're trying to voice your opinion about something. Could they be any more obvious that they're not taking on board anything you're saying?

All these things make me want to interact with a brick wall instead!

As for having being married for 6 years and not yet produced any children, it's fun to watch the looks shock and awkwardness on people's faces when I come back at their 'why no children?' questions with 'oh, we've just started IVF.' Yeah, bet you're sorry now for asking, right? Shall I give you a detailed explanation of how the hormones work?
    I have actually started answering the same way when people ask " isn't it time you had another one" or " your DD really needs a sibling" . Yes actually I entirely agree with you which is why I stick needles with horrible hormone drugs that turn me into a pyscho into myself every night.