+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    "Oh wow, are you pregnant again" or, more annoyingly, "so, is there anything you'd like to tell me?"

Actually, no. To both questions.

I'm just a bit overweight and I'm not sure we are able to have another child, but thanks for your concern. Now f*** off.

PS Lemonhead, what an incredibly strong woman you are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post

And then the inevitable questions I get about a scar I have on my head. "Ooh, what happened?" I think I'll get a freakin t-shirt made so I don't have to answer that question anymore. I solace myself with answering it differently, particularly when I'm in a mood:

I was shot
    Shark attack
    Flesh eating bacteria
    Attacked by a badger

Or my favourite:

I banged it on your wife's bedhead.

How about "I gots the Voldemort."

And by all means, steal the choking cornflake... its nasty but also not so nasty. Just right. (lol see what I did there, I made another cereal reference... kellogs FTW)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (21-02-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (20-02-2012),rae81  (20-02-2012),TimTamsandTea  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    "You're so lucky you have a job where there is nothing for you to do" *facepalm* yes, it's truly awesome sitting here day in day out looking at the clock drag and an 8 hour day feels like about 20 hours!!

And the old "you wouldn't have to work if you changed your lifestyle"... sorry, but my lifestyle includes eating and not being homeless actually and I'm not sitting at home alone between the hours of 8 am to 3 pm while DS is at school just because YOU are defensive that I'm not a SAHM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    "I'm not racist, but... {insert racist remark}"
    "I'm not trying to be mean, but... {insert mean remark}"
    "Everyone deserves equal opportunities, but {insert marginalizing comment}"

DH always says "bet you a million dollars"... We don't gamble, we don't have a million dollars, your money is my money, so that's just a stupid saying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebones View Post
    Haha I was just about to suggest saying 'Voldemort' as if it were explanation enough. Harry Potter references in general conversation make me so happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When people say "you're so lucky you have a good figure" (back in the days before I was pregnant!).

No I'm not sodding lucky - I work my butt off and actually eat healthily and exercise! If you did that too you would have a good figure too!!

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebones View Post

And by all means, steal the choking cornflake... its nasty but also not so nasty. Just right. (lol see what I did there, I made another cereal reference... kellogs FTW)
    Nice work!

Yes, I could do the whole "Well, they've sent me to live with the muggles because the dark lord is still after me" couldn't I!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Nice work!

Yes, I could do the whole "Well, they've sent me to live with the muggles because the dark lord is still after me" couldn't I!?
    I'd be hysterical, others would be wondering what half the group are on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lemonhead that's awful!!! Hope they're not coming to the funeral! My mum had something similar...kinda....she lost a daughter at 2mths of age and when she told a long time friend they said...and I quote "Oh I know how you feel, I lost my CAT last week." Ummmm ok then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post

I also HHHAATTEE when people use the wrong your/you're and there/their/they're and to/too/two. Seriously, it's not that difficult!
    I saw a quote the other day re this that amused me...

Grammar: the difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (21-02-2012),Guest654  (20-02-2012),Turk EnJayDee  (20-02-2012)