+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Do you have a favorite child?

i know everyone loves their children equally, im talking about one that you enjoy more than the other? Etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Subscribing because I'm really nosey!!

I always worry I'll love DD more than next bub (if we have another)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure I like one more than the other, they all have different personality traits and depending on what the situation is one will tend to mesh better with me. DS1 is an introvert so meshes better with DF who is also one, DS2 meshes better with me because he is an extrovert like me. DD gets on with me best because I have the boobs lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No not really.

dd is very spirited, out there and confident and I have alot of fun with her.

ds is more shy, chats alot, wants more cuddles (more affectionate) and is alot more calm.

I enjoy them both equally as they really are complete opposites.

I do however seem to spend more time with ds as I feel he isn't great with coping and I seem to over compensate on making him feel happy.

Hooves is offline My children/my legacy, the best of me is inside them.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not really a favourite as such but a favourite right now maybe. I am loving my 2 year old and my 13 year old a lot right now. My middle 2 boys are kind of not my most favourite people at the moment, however, I do change my preferences often.

I kind of like hanging out with who ever is not giving me a lot of drama at the moment. My 2 middle boys are being very dramatic lately.

However 1 on 1 with any one of my kids is always a favourite thing of mine. It seems drama is often found when we hang out as a group. lol My kids tend to fight from sun up to sun down.

So I guess that has influenced this post. The 2 who are not fighting and driving me crazy at the moment are my fav's.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hooves For This Useful Post:

laurea  (21-02-2012),Zombie_eyes  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Honestly, no. I adore them both equally. DS2 is more challanging at the moment, he is in the "terrible 2's" so things are quite difficult with him, lots of tantrums, saying no and blatantly ignoring me, but he is still just so gorgeous and brings me so much joy, even though he is handful he is learning so many more words and learning how to show more affection. While DS1 is more easy to handle at the moment, I can reason with him, we can interact quite easily, he is definielty more enjoyable because I am not having to deal with a million tantrums about every.single.thing. Honestly though, I think DS1 is more of a mummies boy, he is always wanting to hang out with me and willing to show affection, where as DS2 is more independent and often wants to do his own thing. 2 completely different children with completely different personalities, both have their share of driving me insane, but love them all the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do but I only have my dd lol so doesn't count. But our thing is I always say your my favourite daughter and she says I'm her favourite mummy lol good luck to me if I have any more (99% I'm not) but if I did and I had a boy I could still have a favourite daughter and a favourite son lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not at all. I get asked all the time if I have a favorite twin and the question really baffles me. Honestly how could you have a favorite child? I love them both equally and love spending the same amount of time with each of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Which ever one is behaving the best at the time

In seriousness i used to feel i was connected better to one of my DD's over the other but i am thinking now that was actually just an age thing (as in she was just at the age i find the easiest/nicest whereas my other DD was at a stage i find difficult). Now that stage has passed i feel equally connected with both my DD's- i don't know maybe it just changes over time?
    My children are very different and they both have things i like about them and things i don't like so much but i love them both the same - always.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

laurea  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 and one is definately my favourite.