• Frozen all the way.

2 8.33%
  • Frozen but we eat 1-2 things fresh.

8 33.33%
  • Other!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh yeah, I'm obviously taking about main veg, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, corn..not really capsicums, onions, garlic...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We eat a mixture of fresh and frozen.

Interestingly, frozen is better for you as it is picked and frozen straight away. 'Fresh' veggies can be in cold storage for up to six months and this causes them to break down nutritionally.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Half & half

I always have a few packets of frozen in the fridge mainly peas & corn, beans and spinach

I always buy fresh potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, cauliflower and broccoli though

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Always fresh, except for peas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use both.

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Always fresh for us. i don't like the taste of frozen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fresh for all fruit and most veg. Frozen veg for peas and sometimes can corn for certain recipes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shop on a Tuesday and buy fresh veg, but a lot of it will only last until the weekend. I was fortunate enough this week to then have enough to buy cabbage, mushrooms and capsicum on friday. Otherwise apart from potato, pumpkin, sweet potato and onion, the rest is frozen. Home Brand at that. It hasn't killed us yet.

Fruit is fresh. Tinned fruit is used as desserts or saved for camping/flooding/cyclones when fresh is unavailable.
    Last edited by share a book; 19-02-2012 at 16:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frozen vegies are so handy and often accompany our dinners. I almost always have fresh mushies, capsicum and tomatoes around as I put them in a meal almost every day. Tinned mushrooms are yuck and you can't get frozen ones (to my knowledge). I do have some tinned capsicum & tomatoes for emergencies .

Fruit is frozen (berries), fresh (bananas, apples, peaches) and tinned/tubs (peaches, apricots, pears, apples). I saw those frozen smoothie things & thought that I should make some of my own! Might get around to that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate frozen veggies until I met dh I didn't even know there was a huge variety of frozen veggies apart from peas, corn and beans. The inlaws never cook fresh veggies only frozen and a small variety at that as fil is a picky eater at 64

We keep those 3 in the freezer for emergencies and fried rice. But prefer to eat fresh. However I've never eaten or cooked fresh peas.