+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Champagne & punch was served at mine.

It was a childfree, womens event only.

If it was a bbq with both women and men then all different alcohol would be provided.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definately! Nothing excessive but I would provide some alcohol to guests, I would not be disappointed if it wasn't served if I were a guest but it has been at every baby shower I have ever been to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had champagne and wine at my baby shower. No, I couldn't drink it but that did not bother me at all, I didn't feel the need and just thought how wonderful it was that everyone was there for me as well as the beautiful gifts they gave. The thought of me not being able to drink but my guests could did not cross my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had champagne at mine. I had a non alco bubbly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'll premise my comments by saying that I don't drink, pregnant or otherwise, but I can't imagine having alcohol at a baby shower. The type of baby showers I've been to are afternoon teas that go for 2 hours or less and I suppose I wouldn't even think of having alcohol at one for me, but neither for one I went to for a friend. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, but the thought never entered my mind that alcohol would be served at a baby shower!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I served champagne at my first - I organized all the food & drinks and thought champagne was fitting for the occasion.

Though I'd ask the mum-to-be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our baby shower was a poker tournament (males and females) so yes there was alcohol as the theme suited it.

If I had a quiet afternoon tea event then I may serve champagne but I would never expect it to be served if I was a guest.

I have never really understood why some women get annoyed/upset at other people drinking around them when they are pregnant - but maybe that is because I did all my heavy drinking/partying years ago and so can give or take alcohol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only been to a few. Most were alcohol free. And all of them have been for women. Which I don't think is entirely right. My husband is my better half and I expect him to help out when we have a little one. So when we have the pleasure of having a baby shower. I would like it to be more a BBQ with all our mates and the silly but fun baby games. I'm really looking forward to that day. I won't be supplying alcohol and I don't think it would be expected by our friends or family. But if they wish to byo then they will be more then welcome.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All the baby showers I've been to haven't had alcohol. It wouldn't bother me if someone threw one for me and served it. Just as long as no one got trashed but I know they wouldn't coz that's not what it's about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having a guys, girls and kids baby shower. I might have forgotten to buy some alcohol as DP is not a big drinker either but I'll try to remember now. I recognize that some people would rather have dental work performed than be at a baby shower so if some people want to have a drink and just enjoy a get together rather than all the baby stuff that's fine with me.