+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I'm surprised by the answers too! I would've said 'no' too OP.
    This! I've never been to a baby shower that served alcohol?!

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd say yes, if that's what you would have normally done at a party pre-pregnancy. It is, after all, a celebration. Why not?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've never been to one, and have never had one, but I always thought that champaign was served at baby showers, as a celebration - not to get sh!+ faced.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope but it would be a nice addition! At a wedding recently they had the best alcohol free champagne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I served it at mine, and would appreciate it being made available.

But I had a male and female baby shower, and there weren't kids there. Maybe that's different. But I served alcohol at my son's first birthday party as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think yes!!! It's a celebration and whilst the guest of honour can't drink, no reason why the guests shouldn't. It's been no different for the past 7 months or so has it!!

Sent from Mel's iPhone using Bub Hub app

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister made an alcoholic punch for my guests, and a non-alcoholic version for me. People didn't get sh!t faced out of respect for the fact that I couldn't drink, but they had a few and were merry.
    If I were organising it myself I probably would buy some alcohol free champers and a few bottles of the real stuff for guests but I wouldn't be breaking the bank to buy whole cases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it's up to the person hosting (or the person who the shower is for).

I think I'd be a bit annoyed if everyone was getting boozy at my baby shower, and I was just sitting there all sober and boring because I was pregnant (I don't drink at all during pregnancy).

I'm also not one of those people who thinks that a social event is not complete without alcohol... so I'd probably prefer it not served at mine tbh. Most are during the day, and I find it odd to drink during the day, so again, it'd just be "weird" for me to be drinking at someone else's baby shower as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At mine my SIL made margaritas and non alcoholic margaritas for non drinkers and pregnant women and I thought it was cute, I have no problem if adults want a to have a drink at any party

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im making a non alcoholic punch for my New Zealand one next Sunday then we are having a BBQ catch up after so they will be drinking there