+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd was head under my breast bone between ribs. Bub presented on cervix and legs near face.
    Incision was bikini line inside my undies now. I remember being surprised how low it was

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

champagne  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies, your stories have all been very encouraging!

To those who've mentioned spinning babies, thanks - i've been poring over that site since my midwife first mentioned my belly was a strange shape (i have a suspected bicornuate uterus which i think is complicating things). Bub was head down at 30 weeks so i was just doing the positions that encouraged an anterior position, but since the footling breech discovery at 35 weeks i've been doing the breech tilt, frozen peas behind bub's head, chiro etc. The only thing i haven't tried is moxa sticks and i'm on a mission to find where to buy them in Perth tomorrow.

I had an ecv at the hospital on Friday, she was able to move bub a few centimetres, almost to transverse, but not any further. She thinks maybe he has his head stuck in a uterine horn. Still, he managed to flip around sometime in the last month and a half - i won't give up hope that he can figure a way around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The incision for one of my breech babies was bikini line..
    My OB told me this bub won't turn due to her being lodged in my right horn but some how here she is head down and ready to go so it is possible for bub to turn with a b/u Goodluck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

champagne  (20-02-2012)

Farmerwife is offline Excited & Nervous about being a mum for the first time in August :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm only 12 weeks with my first but it was picked up on my 8 week ultrasound I have a bicornuate uterus & bub is in the left horn. I just wanted to wish the OP luck as I know it's frustrating at the thought of needing a csection with no real choice. I've been told if bub starts breech it won't be able to move to head down at all. I hope all goes well for you OP & bub does manage to flip but never mind if not, healthy bub is all that matters :-) best of luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmerwife For This Useful Post:

champagne  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Thanks everyone for all your stories and help on this. I feel a lot calmer now.

I spoke to the consultant yesterday and she told me they always try to do the bikini line cut, but sometime they do (rarely) have to do a vertical cut.

When they can't do the transverse cut is when the breech baby has been lying in a position such that the lower part of the uterus hasn't stretched as much as a head down baby would have stretched it, and the cut they make in it wouldn't be big enough to pull the baby out. This is when they have to do the vertical incision. I'm trying very hard now to convince this bub to move his bum from my left hip into the centre to stretch it out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi champagne, I've got a bicornuate uterus and my bub was lying transverse most of the time and then shifting oblique breech and transverse. When I had my planned c-section last March (normal bikini incision), I heard the anesthetist go "you call that a breech?" and she had almost turned at the last minute!! So it is possible even if it's unlikely with a bicornuate. I was still happy I had a c/s anyway. Wanted to mention it as there's lots of scary stuff on the internet about bicornuates and my ob described mine as "very bicornuate" after the cs, and I had a very successful pregnancy and a beautiful dd who turns one next week. Am about to do it all again as am 5 weeks now. Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to julest For This Useful Post:

champagne  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all and thanks for all your kind responses. I went into labour at 40+5, but bub was presenting as oblique footling breech. My consultant was only happy to deliver a vaginal breech if bub was complete or frank breech, so i decided to go ahead with the strongly recommended c section as it was the safest option for bub in the position he was, and he got the benefit of starting labour when he was ready.

Happy to report they did a bikini line cut Unfortunately i bruise badly and they were worried about some hardened blood pools below the incision line, but i'm now home after 5 days in hospital with strict instructions to watch for infection. The surgeon came to talk to me as they were finishing sewing me up, and told me that my uterus was actually arcuate, and this was very likely the cause of bub lying almost sideways.

If the next one is head down i can try for a VBAC, but if it's another breech i've been advised this time to book in for an elective.

Anyway just thought i'd let you all know the outcome, and thanks again for reassuring me beforehand!