+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Question for those who co sleep?

Whether your child slept in your bed or in your room in a cot or another bed in the same room.

At what age did you move them to another room? And how hard/easy was it.

My DS is almost 21 months and sleeps in a cot on the other side of my room. He still wakes at night. The last few nights it has been easier for me to move the cot up against my bed and just put my hand through to settle him.
    But I really want him out of my room now.

Just not sure if I should risk it since he has gone from waking 6 times a night to only once or twice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When they started sleeping through the night (not needing to feed) at about 12 or so weeks.Edit- it was easy because they were so young.Sorry to be not much help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    When he was ready himself and willing to go
    Yea but when will that be and how do you know.

I have a feeling he will wake till he is 3 and that's if Im lucky...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Around 17 months both times. Moved them into single beds so I could lay next to them to resettle or feed.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha DS1 is 4 and still won't stay in his own room, I am tempted to move his bed back into my room. DS2 has only just started staying in his own bed overnight, he is 3 and last night was night 5. It really depends on the child.

Eta DS2s bed is next to mine with a bedside table distance between us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD2 co-slept and moved herself out of my bed at around the 6-8 month mark. She just stopped being able to sleep with me but would sleep in her cot. It was easy, no dramas at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I share a bed with my 3yo, and it's probably time for him to go.

I should have put him in his own bed when I night weaned him at 2, as he seemed more flexible then.

I might start with a mattress on the floor, and then maybe making his room exciting with a racing car bed or something. one of us might have to sleep on his floor for a while as well, as he is a sensitive child.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My little man was in his own room by about 3 months. Started by waiting until he was asleep in his bouncer and putting him in his own room so that he got used to waking up in there. Then I started putting him in there for day naps when he was awake, and then moved to putting him straight down for all sleeps. Took about 3 weeks but worked great.
    As to when they're ready, I think it's more about when YOU'RE ready as most kids will be cranky about it at any age. They get used to it pretty quickly if you act like it's no big thing and soon don't think anything of it .
    Of course all children are different, but I wanted bub to get used to his own room asap because I already shared my bed with his bed hog father lmao. I agee that it's easier when they're younger, but the process I used is pretty much the same as I would use with a older child.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by Eko; 19-02-2012 at 09:58.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 co-slept until about 2ish - we only moved him into his own room because his baby brother was waking him up throughout the night (he previously slept from 7pm-7am without waking). He was consequently cranky and tired all the time, it was a bit of a nightmare.

He was excited to go into his own room though and he loves sleeping in his racing car bed. Lately he's gone back to co-sleeping some nights, and some nights he will ask to sleep in his own bed (he's 2.5 now). My door will always be open to him, I want him to sleep wherever he feels the most comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    About 6 months he started hating sleeping in our bed and wanted his own space. He now sleeps through in the cot in his own room