+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Shower Gift Ideas

Just wondering what people did for their baby showers in the way of gifts... I have SOO much stuff that I have collected and my Mum and MIL have bought for me, that I don't think I need much more... however, everyone is still pushing for me to have one...

I was going to have a "clean the baby" theme... but again, I've already been given about 6 packets of wipes, a box of newborn nappies and 2 boxes of the next size up...and a few large bottles each of bath wash and shampoo etc... which will last for ages!

I was thinking of asking for vouchers, that way I can buy things as I need them later on... but I don't know if that is wrong to ask for them??

Has anyone else got ideas of what I could ask for?? or just ideas of what I could do?? People keep asking me what I need, but I'm struggling to give them ideas because I think I have enough!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never had a baby shower, but is it possible to say that you have everything a baby could possibly want or need, but if anyone really wishes to give something, you are saving for a family portrait when bub comes along so money towards that would be lovely.

Photos like that are beautiful, and people don't like to come empty handed. Also they can see a photo when they visit then too which is nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One idea is to ask everyone to bring a book that they loved as a child (or loved reading to their children) and to write a little message in the front for bub. I don't think it's possible to have too many books!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Polly6034 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (19-02-2012),Mammytobe  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could ask for face washers, towels, books, recipe book for making bubs food, bowls, plastic containers for bubs food, toys for when bubs is 6 months, drink bottles, school bag, spoons, bath toys, sheets, jolly jumper, bumbo, big plastic storage tubs, these are just a few I can think of that would of been useful

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could ask everyone to bring their favorite book as a child to build bubs library?

- sorry just read that someone else had made this suggestion... So I second their idea.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mammytobe For This Useful Post:

Polly6034  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammytobe View Post
    You could ask everyone to bring their favorite book as a child to build bubs library?

- sorry just read that someone else had made this suggestion... So I second their idea.
    This!! .. I think its a great idea

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the book idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is just an idea, probably not to everyone's taste though.

Why don't you save yourself the trouble of catering and ask everyone to bring a plate instead of a gift? Make sure you tell each person if you want them to bring sweet or savoury.

You could also buy a special book and ask everyone to write a piece of advice, or a nice thought into it. Its lovely to have something like that to read over when the days with a newborn get hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I said on the invites for my one in new Zealand that I'm using cloth nappies and nursery is Winnie the pooh theme and then stuff we can bring back with us.
    I really love the book idea though

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    ABA Membership
    Just curious, what is ABA?

Oh, and I love the bring a book for bubs idea