User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TMI poo machine poo eater sore bum

Is there such a thing as too much poo-ing going on?
    My 12mth old does 3-4 poos a day: wether tiny, huge, sloppy, pellet it seems to be ALWAYS there almost at EVERY change! am i feeding her too much? She feeds her self with her hands and only eats as much as SHE wants. She's not a big baby rather petite and laways has been. I just dont understand why so much poo comes out of this little girl!
    I still offer 3 cups of milk a day and she sinks the 1st but the other two vary with how much she has, sometimes none. Esp the middle cup.
    Id like to grop this iddle milk but what tpye of snack do i replace it with?

The other thing is, because of all this poo, her nappy rash never gets a chance to heal. i have been to GP and got an antiseptic cream. She is in MCN's and we change to dispaoable when it's really bad. She scratchs at her bum at every change - it's annoying her like crazy i just dont know what to do now

One other thing - My DD eats her poo.......is this dangerous?

Any help please i am sik of poo and itchy bums and my DD constantly smelling like a poo machine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ??anyone??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would suggest trying her on different milk. My dd is breast fed, but whenever we have attempted formula or cows milk, she has ended up with severe nappy rash, and loads of poo. Once a week she is at day care, I send along goats milk and that seems to be fine

And yes, eating poo is undesirable, how you stop it? I dont know!

Hth

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**
    Dec '08
    Feb '11

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    You could try goats milk, soy, or even a2 cows milk can be easier to digest. Soy/goat/ha formula is another option

Dec '08
    Feb '11

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Oh, and dd defiantly scratches down there when shes got a nasty poo rash

Dec '08
    Feb '11

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    You could try goats milk, soy, or even a2 cows milk can be easier to digest. Soy/goat/ha formula is another option

....do you think cow's milk is doing it? she has been having cow's milk for about 2mths. The poos have been happening this last week.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    My LO poos all the time too, but to be honest, and I know it's TMI - but her Mummy is just as regular - we poo as many times as we eat (when I was in naturopathy class [Australian College of Natural Medicine], we were taught that this is actually great and a sign of good digestive health). She is 8 months and she isn't a very big eater and is quite small (25th percentile at birth and could draw a straight line along her growth charts)

I always make sure I go & change her the minute I see the 'poo face' so go through a lot of disposables (sorry environment), but haven't had any problems with rash (apart from an issue with a particular brand of wipees), so I'm not much help there. I did suggest pawpaw ointment for a friends bub's poor bum bum and that cleared up overnight however.

The poo eating thing is a doosy, I'm crossing my fingers mine doesn't figure out how to do that when she's a bit older

Could you occupy her with a toy at change time to stop her from scratching her bum? Or am I just showing my complete naivity here at being 4 months behind you? LOL sorry if that's the case - it's just that I have to let mine play with 'nappy dog' every change now as she always wants to flip over and take off from the table if I don't distract her.

Anyway - good luck!!!!
    Me - 31
    DD - 8 months

I may have given you life, but you gave me a beautiful life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Is she having more now than months ago? Sometimes it can take a while to react to things. I'm of the mindset 'anything is worth a try' when it comes to problems with my kids... Sometimes you find a solution, most times you don't lol

We get the same thing when teething? Could be that?

While the op suggests its good to poo frequently, I would imagine the fact its causing a rash and it's bothering her that there may be an underlying issue. Changing frequently will help as the poo reacts with urine to cause rashes too

I'm just wondering what is happening when she is eating it? Is it just happening when you change her? If so distracting will help. If it's sleep time a grow bag may help

Dec '08
    Feb '11

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MnM8011 View Post
    My LO poos all the time too, but to be honest, and I know it's TMI - but her Mummy is just as regular - we poo as many times as we eat (when I was in naturopathy class [Australian College of Natural Medicine], we were taught that this is actually great and a sign of good digestive health). She is 8 months and she isn't a very big eater and is quite small (25th percentile at birth and could draw a straight line along her growth charts)

I always make sure I go & change her the minute I see the 'poo face' so go through a lot of disposables (sorry environment), but haven't had any problems with rash (apart from an issue with a particular brand of wipees), so I'm not much help there. I did suggest pawpaw ointment for a friends bub's poor bum bum and that cleared up overnight however.

The poo eating thing is a doosy, I'm crossing my fingers mine doesn't figure out how to do that when she's a bit older

Could you occupy her with a toy at change time to stop her from scratching her bum? Or am I just showing my complete naivity here at being 4 months behind you? LOL sorry if that's the case - it's just that I have to let mine play with 'nappy dog' every change now as she always wants to flip over and take off from the table if I don't distract her.

Anyway - good luck!!!!
    ......yep, percentile was the 20 somethings with my DD at birth too! and yes, she also does a straight line lol
    TMI - yes i am regular to the point i can time it lol but im once a day.
    DD does poo pretty much after every meal...and then again

I'm relieved it could be a sign of good digestion , thankyou fo mentioning this.

You are not being naive - DD has change table toys and a mobile. If DH is home i call him to hold her hands lol ive even tried putting sox on her hands hahaha the second time i did that she scratched with the sox on - pooey sox! not as bad, but then she worked out to take them off! ggrrrr!
    I have a pump bottle of detol antiseptic i rup on her hands. What worries me is when she does it in her cot lol. i dont catch her doing it. poo prints all over her sheets! Going thru THAT many cot sheets

Thanks for you advice

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Humphreyisapuppet For This Useful Post:

MnM8011  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    Is she having more now than months ago? Sometimes it can take a while to react to things. I'm of the mindset 'anything is worth a try' when it comes to problems with my kids... Sometimes you find a solution, most times you don't lol

We get the same thing when teething? Could be that?

While the op suggests its good to poo frequently, I would imagine the fact its causing a rash and it's bothering her that there may be an underlying issue. Changing frequently will help as the poo reacts with urine to cause rashes too

I'm just wondering what is happening when she is eating it? Is it just happening when you change her? If so distracting will help. If it's sleep time a grow bag may help

Yes, she is doing more poo than a couple months ago. But she is also eating more than she did a couple mths ago.
    Yes, i believe she could be teething - she only has 2 bottom teeth and her top gums are VERY firm. She has a runny nose too. Last time she was teething - she had a nappy rash. But this time im noticing more poo as well.

I dont know why she eat's it. hungry? lol she does it in her cot where i cant catch her to stop it and also at a nappy change, where i fight her to stop it. She is more distracted by the itching.

Grow bag during summer??? what about a short sleve onesie? ....stupid me i just thought to try a onesie.....loosing my mind.

Thanks for your reply