+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/buysellmcn/

Don't know if this is allowed, but heres the link :-)

If my link gets deleted just search on FB for MCN and the group has a black and white logo with a red heart.

I haven't ever used prefolds (we just did sposies for a few months after birth, was too much for me to think about to use MCNs TBH!) but they do seem popular for newbies.

There are nappies of EVERY kind imaginable on the FB site, and I'v bough all DDs off there for about $15 per itti bitti plus postage (so its worth buying several off the same seller, look in the BULK lots photo folder) in excellent used condition (wouldn't know they're not new!) which is about 1/2 price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breakthemould View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/buysellmcn/

Don't know if this is allowed, but heres the link :-)

If my link gets deleted just search on FB for MCN and the group has a black and white logo with a red heart.

I haven't ever used prefolds (we just did sposies for a few months after birth, was too much for me to think about to use MCNs TBH!) but they do seem popular for newbies.

There are nappies of EVERY kind imaginable on the FB site, and I'v bough all DDs off there for about $15 per itti bitti plus postage (so its worth buying several off the same seller, look in the BULK lots photo folder) in excellent used condition (wouldn't know they're not new!) which is about 1/2 price.
    Thanks!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The prefolds I got are called Absolutely Organic (made locally in Brisbane, can buy online from Nest Nappies). Bumboo are another brand that make bamboo/cotton prefolds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i am a mcn user but for my wee little newborn we used disposables those really early days for about a month just to make it easier as we were going thru 10 a day and i was not upto using washing machine every day! and i did not have a big enough stash of mcn's yet.
    We then used cloth and covers, as mcn's i got did not fit yet (u can buy petite, but they still didnt fit)

At about 5mths old my Peapods fit her and they were brilliant! Pricy but brilliant - i got them off ebay.

A friend gave me her petite 3-in-ones and a couple difff brands. Mink material and all lol
    I found the ones that dont have inserts or dont come appart are hopeless. Petites were good, but she grew out of them real quick and of course - leaked.

Now at 12mths we still use peapods for night with a double booster. Never had a leak!
    I searched ebay and got some cheap but good ones for day nappies, at a discount price $40 for 12 plus 1 extra insert. Cheeky Munky was the brand - i have had no probs with them. They are light weight and adjustable to a very large size and apparently fit newborns too. U can pick your colours.

Winter sux as they dont dry and therefore u need a bigger stash over winter!
    U need a couple of nappy pails. We got a cheap nappy anitbackterial soaker and soak them, even tho most brands say u dont need to soak. I found stains came out if i soaked.
    Be prepared to do a load of nappes everyday. (it is just routine now for us)
    I bring in my nappies every evening, i dont like to leave them out overnight. I put them together when they go away so when i want to use one i can just put it on her.
    We found liners annoying time consuming and they moved and poo leaked anyways. Tried flushable and material - both a waste of time. so we have a poo scooper in a little tub filled with pine-o-clean....it's just poo, u'll get over it.
    U need baskest/container to store them or whaterver.
    We dont use generic wipes, we use bamboo material squares - prob go thru 4 a day they are brilliant. Got them off ebaywe just chuck them in with the nappies in nappy bucket.
    We use a spray bottle with our wipes of 50:50 olive oil and water and a splash of pepermint oil so it smells nice . This is kinder on her bum than those silly wipes u can buy. (in the early days we used wipes tho!)
    U need an organised - easy to access everything nappy change station, obviously!

Because i was in a mind set of "i am not paying for paper nappes every week" it really was no extra effort for us. We have saved $100's. Initial start up of a stash is expensive but they keep forever and are much kinder to bub's and you are doing your bit for the environment

Have fun trying out what brands work for you, its all an experiance.
    Goodluck hope i helped u out a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    it is a good idea to also purchase a material nappy bag for dirty nappies when u are out. i dont remember the brand of mine (think it was BabyBeeHind?) but it came free if i spent a certain amount on their nappies, from memory. and u can pick ur design. Or u can just use disposable ones, but they u really small.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    I am not bothering with shaped nappies for my newborn. I will use prefolds and covers for the first few months. They dry fast and are just as easy. After that I will use fitted nappies and covers, simply because I have a heap of them, they work even when the elastic in them dies, they are easy to boost and I find them easy. I also like them because I use wool covers and shorties in summer that lets their bottoms breathe. I find it hard to find sized nappies because of the shape of my babies.

Biggest tip- Don't buy a heap of any type of mcn before your baby arrives. I bought a lot of one type which are beautiful...but suited to chubby thighed babies. I don't know how it happened (considering their mother) but my kids have the skinniest chicken legs around. Not one crease in my kids thighs at any age. All my gorgeous mcn leak around the leg on my kids.

edit- and your quoted price is about standard for mcn. Most are between $25 and $35 each.
    This is very good advice

I used bumboo prefolds & covers for the first few months & now I use baby beehinds multifit (these have lasted through 2 babies). My best friends swears by the good old Terry toweling & still uses them on her 8month old.

I bought the prefolds directly from the bumboo site & I loved them, they're also cheaper than the fitteds/multifits. But, I am a massive baby beehind fan

Have fun! I'm a cloth nappy addict from waaaay back & am disappointed my nappy buying days are over haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I actually think I am erring on the side of not using the pre-folds and just using disposables for a while until bubs is big enough for either the all in one, all in two or the pocket nappies (because I adore the Designer Bums ones). With the pocket nappies, does anyone know what type of liner you get for these, as their site doesn't seem to sell any....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would also stick to disposable's for the first couple of months, our BF bub pooed every nappy for the first few months!
    I use itti Bitti de lish, I prefer the aio but have sio also. I have a dozen tutto's that I'm using as bubs gets closer to 10kg. I use flushable liners which are great. Wouldn't use anything else!

Jes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Hippybottomus bamboo Nappies, they are working really well for us. Also have been potty training with my 6 month old, can't remember the last time in had to change a dirty nappy. I really recommend potty training early, it's so easy if you have the time. My little bub seems to really like sitting on here little toilet and the best thing I'm not using as many Nappies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also forgot to add we use to use bamboo flushable liners, they worked really well and were very soft against the skin