+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default No milk yet?

Just wondering when you started producing milk? I am currently 31 weeks and I have nothing yet, no sign of milk or colostrum or anything, is this normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes it's completely normal, everyone is different, and then every pregnancy is too
    I didn't get anything till around 36 weeks with most of mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep normal! I started hand expressing colostrum at 33 weeks as I knew when my DD's were coming and that they would be in SCN so I got a supply of colostrum ready. Your actual milk doesn't come in until a couple of days after birth. Also try not to do too much nipple stimulation as it can be natural way of bringing on labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    Yep normal! I started hand expressing colostrum at 33 weeks as I knew when my DD's were coming and that they would be in SCN so I got a supply of colostrum ready. Your actual milk doesn't come in until a couple of days after birth. Also try not to do too much nipple stimulation as it can be natural way of bringing on labour.
    I started a little later, attempting to bring on labour lol, didn't work, but I impressed my midwives with colostrum that squirted across the room at birth lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry too much about it - I got nothing until bub was born! I was in labour telling the midwives that I have no colostrum or anything yet...would I still be able to breastfeed??
    I had no problems with supply, everything came when it was meant to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I got nothing in my first pregnancy until after she was born, with my second I was leaking at 27 weeks.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It wasn't until I was in the hospital bed, in labour, taht I noticed my breasts had tripled in size, LOL.. it was like, nothing, normal boobs, then as soon as labour started, bam! Massive jugs.. I had no leaking or any sign of milk etc until the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysurprisebaby View Post
    Don't worry too much about it - I got nothing until bub was born! I was in labour telling the midwives that I have no colostrum or anything yet...would I still be able to breastfeed??
    I had no problems with supply, everything came when it was meant to!
    Same here ... No colostrum til babies attached and no milk til 4 days after babies were born both times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Same here ... No colostrum til babies attached and no milk til 4 days after babies were born both times
    Me too, dont be worried as a pp said every pregnancy is different Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I didn't have a drop of anything until I gave birth.