+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Euky Bear Steamer ok to use while pregnant?

Hi ladies,

I'm 36 weeks along and have developed a nasty head cold which has my sinuses completely blocked

I've just set DD's Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser up in my room and even after 10 mins or so I can feel my nostrils clearing - yay!

Just a thought though, is the inhalant stuff you mix in the vaporiser safe in pregnancy? There's no warning on the bottle? I'm guessing it's ok, I wouldn't be breathing a huge amount in as it's just in the room, I'm not hovering above it taking deep breaths or anything.

Anyone have any idea about it or any advice?

Thanks!

NessaM24 is offline Fred, why don't you go outside and vroom that lawn mower around the yard?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I used it for both pregnancys on advice of my gp had terrible sinusitis and constant colds and it provided alot of relief. But yes, safe

Last edited by BH-bubhub; 18-02-2012 at 23:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same here my ob told me to use it during preg due to blocked sinuses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies Nessa & Lulu

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lavendar safest to use in pregnancy

Hi EmmyJane, it SHOULD be ok, but for optimal safety, buy some 100pc pure lavendar oil and use that in it instead. when I did aromatherapy training years ago, that was considered the safest oil and recommended as the only oil to use in pregnancy by some authorities. It sounds like other ladies have used euky oil though, with success. Lavendar has v similar expectorating qualities in it as eucalyptus, euky is nonetheless technically considered poisonous. I will look up more detail, though, and get back to you later if i can clarify this for you. Hope your blocked nose improves, and your bub enjoys in utero aroma-stimulus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thanks Baroness!

I think I might have to switch it off anyway because it's spitting out a little bit of water from the steam nozzle every now and then do I don't really trust it enough to leave it going while I'm asleep.

If you find any more info that would be excellent. I'll buy some lavender oil tomorrow

Thanks for your advice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Get a saline nasal rinse to use in the shower. Best thing ever!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My partner also swears by the saline~ but he just makes it himself and splashes it up his nose in the shower.

Don't be worried by the water escaping from the steam nozzle of your vaporiser~ that's normal, only be worried if the condensation pools anywhere near the power plug. Otherwise it's perfectly safe to use while you're asleep as long as manufacturer doesn't prohibit this use or use for long periods. Still chasing up specific info for you on Euky oil and preg. Hope your nose is clearing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Still all congested and miserable i couldn't get motivated to leave the house for the lavender today but I do have saline spray so I'll will try that in the morning when I have a shower.

Any other tips to fight a rotten cold while pregnant are most welcome