+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaDoLittle View Post
    I thought it was herbal but google tells me it's homeopathic. Hmmmmm but dubious I must say. I could be proved wrong however!
    Sorry I use emergency essence, it's bush flower based which is why I said herbal (which doesn't really make sense either lol) I don't remember what base RR is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Sorry I use emergency essence, it's bush flower based which is why I said herbal (which doesn't really make sense either lol) I don't remember what base RR is.
    Thanks! I'll track some down, anything is worth a try, even if it's a placebo affect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do u get it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A health food store or some chemists stock them

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    that stuff is brilliant. i don't think it's officially homeopathic, but it contains homeopathic ingredients.

i also use it if i've eaten an allergen. i wouldn't expect it to get me out of trouble if i ate a slice of bread, but if i'm out and i have a piece of grilled fish (which of course will be doused in flour) then have a couple of drops of rescue remedy i don't get the immediate physical reaction.

i carry a bottle of it in my bag that goes with me everywhere. i don't think it's a placebo effect at all. in fact i was having this exact conversation with someone yesterday, who is on meds and doesn't want to be, and has similar allergies to me, and someone else nearby interjected saying she has anxiety attacks and it's the best stuff ever!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeee For This Useful Post:

ElizaDoLittle  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think if it had just a placebo effect it wouldn't work on my infant DD when she screamed in the car..

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think if it had just a placebo effect it wouldn't work on my infant DD when she screamed in the car..
    and considering that it contains a small amount of alcohol, as do actual homeopathic remedies apparently, if it was a placebo effect then surely just a drop of alcohol would do the trick. no, no it doesn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used it when one of my pet birds died, and it helped take the edge off the grief. I also use it with another one of my birds as he is a feather plucker. It seems to help him too. We also know people who use it on horses to great effect.

For the poster who mentioned getting anxious thinking about her mother - I can totally relate! Our counsellor has suggested I have a break from contact with her (woohoo!). I might take some RR for our next combined counselling session, as I've been getting anxious thinking about seeing the mother.

Using it in labour is a great idea. I'll keep that in mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    True!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow . Just had sprays of rescue remedy. It really makes you feel realllly relaxed. This has been around for 75 years. I should have bought some years ago!