+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New royal womens hospital melbourne - anyone delivered in 2011?

I have only read bad things about the Womens however a lot of it seems to be about the old hospital. Can anyone tell me abou their more recent experience in the new hospital? I am planning to do shared care with my GP.
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had ds1 there. They were fantastic. I had what ended up being a birth with many complications and they were calm, professional yet respected my wishes. Food was rubbish though!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had DS there in 2010th and they were fantastic. Birth suites are faultless, and they were very respectful of all my wishes. Ended up having an emergency c-section and felt completely in control the whole time. I second the food, get someone to bring you in meals because it's truly inedible

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Guest Guest
    I birthed there a year ago, did shared care. Besides having to wait 4 hours in emergency for a labour suite and almost having the baby there it was pretty good. The labour suites are huge and the bathrooms have big baths (never got to use it though cause as soon as i got in i was pushing)
    I ended up with my own room and double bed, the midwives were fantastic, it was a nice hospital. I went private the 1st time and I think the new women's facilities and rooms were better.

NessaM24 is offline Fred, why don't you go outside and vroom that lawn mower around the yard?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had dd there a year ago and like pp.. Amazing. Staff, facilities etc. only rubbish was the food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Food was fine, post-natal room was nice.

Staff at my labour and birth were not respectful of my rights.

I would not recommend it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you!

Many thanks for everyone's comments - it has helped ease my anxiety Happy baby growing to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm having my first at the Women's in July. I have only heard good things about it (food aside!). In fact one friend delivered there just last week! There are always going to be some women who sadly have bad experiences, and this can happen in any hospital, but overall I am really happy about birthing there.