+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Relationship post baby :( VERY LONG!

Thanks for the very few replies. I appreciate the advice.
    Last edited by Heartbroken; 18-02-2012 at 20:26.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you had a sexual relationship before bub arrived my first concern would be (male) PND. Also, is he getting time to recharge his batteries? I find my partner is more interested if he gets the chance to do what charges his batteries, he likes alone time usually with electronic things to chill out- tv, laptop, fishing, gun club. He is a introvert and I'm a extrovert so he actually finds it draining when I rely solely on trying to recharge my batteries with just him, we finally managed to speak openly about this and I now make sure he gets his alone time so that he has the energy to DTD on a more even level with me. Eta he has a low sex drive, mine is high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok time to book a night away from bub! You need to get out of the house and put on another hat. Go to your local sex shop and buy some fun things to try. Go out for dinner and a hotel stay. Get wild. I know this makes it sound simple...it will probably be a bit awkward at first but you need to just get back on with it. Talk to him. Tell him you r planning this coz it's what matters to you. He loves you and won't want to lose you so I am sure he will come to the party.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, you are NOT a horrible woman by any means. You clearly love your husband.

Can I suggest that you talk to him about this, or write him a letter. Be very honest and let him know that you have these needs. It is nothing to be ashamed of.

I'd also suggest a trip to his doctor as he may have low testosterone or even pituitary gland issues.

Please just let him know how important it is to you. Give him a chance to make things right.

Perhaps counseling might help in case he has an underlying issue he's not telling you about.

Good luck...I've been where you are and I know it can be shattering to your self esteem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say, maybe try done time apart.. Be 'seoerated' for a little while.. This may get him to actually think what he is doing or not doing.. Maybe ensure he brings a nice picture of you two.. So he can have a focus point.. Make sure you talk about what is concerning you before hd leaves..

Separation does not always mean divorce.. It will just give both of you some time to chill a bit and recharge both of your batteries.. He can concentrate on being himself again before bub was born..

Good luck

Last edited by BH-bubhub; 18-02-2012 at 23:12.

boysrgr8 is offline living with a constant look of OMG!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There were times when your post was exactly how I felt, except my partner didn't do those considerate things for me.
    We did get through it, it was hard, we needed to be honest with each other.
    It took a lot of time and work to process what was going on, we were on different levels sexually but we tried to do little things to make each other feel nice, like massages.
    I hope you are able to work it out.