+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 2 bubs, DD teethed, crawled, walked etc before any other bubs in our mothers group. I was always excited when she did something new, thats natural isnt it? DS at 4 mo has two teeth, rolled at 10 weeks is trying to sit up, i am again excited for him, i make a point of saying all kids are different when i talk about my kids, i talk about them as a common interest in my mums groups... Id hate to be judged as bragging. I dont brag but if asked the question i answer honestly.
    Thats just me!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crunchie For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (04-03-2013),Blessedwith3boys  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is weird isn't it? This competitiveness amoungst other women not just with work or children but with regard to looks ect.

It's as if we have bought into all the BS that is fed to us by the media, by our culture - we are only here to please- make your man happy, be a good mum,get your figure back asap after baby, be a m.i.l.f, go back to work, do it all without breaking a sweat. I just think we need to give ourselves and each other a break.

I never bought into that competitive thing particularly when it comes to a baby's development. Raising a baby is so lovely why rush it? Kids allready grow up too fast.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (18-02-2012),jagamoe  (05-03-2012),smallpotatoes  (05-03-2012),TMum  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not competitive... but my kid trumps over all yours....

Joking.

Whats wrong with being proud of your child. I'm a bragger. But in noway do I put other children down or am I indirectly saying that mine is 'better' in anyway. I'm just proud of her achievements.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThreePeasPlease For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (04-03-2013),Blessedwith3boys  (20-02-2012),crunchie  (05-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (19-02-2012)

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah.
    The competitive parent thing drives me wild. Sometimes I wonder whether some people have committed to raising a child or grooming the next Prime Minister.
    The worst part is, it starts at conception and gets progressively worse from there.
    Ugh.
    Look, I get being proud of your child/children. I'm proud of my boys, often for the smallest of things, every single day. But I don't expect anyone but those immediately connected to my sons to share in that excitement and pride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally understand what everyones saying. My son stopped developing inside and was born at 37w so isnt classed as premmie. He was 2.5kg.

He was slow to do everything and everyone always tries to compare.

He recently turned 3 and is 12kg and its a great acheivement as he is finally back onto the lowest line on his growth chart.

When people try to put me down I just ignore it and talk about something else

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol, i think it's hilarious. each child develops at their own pace and of course they're at all different stages, they will all be the same human beings in the end... unfortunately, in this society these days IT IS all about competition...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    BlissedOut, my DD is also very tall for her age (nearly 3), and she flat out refuses to toilet train. I often get comments from people who assume she is nearly 4! Even one of the new teachers at her preschool pulled me aside and said that most kids should be toilet trained by 3 1/2, I had to point out to her that she wasn't 3 til March.
    I had similar, he was 2.5 in the 2.5-3.5 year old room at daycare - Jasper is/was big for his age so was easily one of the biggest children size & weight wise in his room & I was taken aside several times to talk about his development regarding independence, talking, toilet training, that he didn't need a bottle etc. Wasn't until I asked 'is he a normal 2 year old?' the room leader started to back off. The assistant then assured me the next few times I was there that jasper was perfectly normal - for his age! That he is the youngest in the room (he even started in that room at 29 months so was actually younger than 2.5 when he started in the room)

I think the room leader thought he was 3+

Though now he's 3yrs3mths aside from being on the hefty side he's not really grown much taller so average size-wise has 'caught up' with him thankfully. First time since he was 3 weeks old people accurately guess his age!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've never really experienced it. Only once when DD was about 4 moths old from a "friend" and I distanced myself because of that.

I've had no problems at playgroup thankfully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think competitive, bragging moms are definitely out there but the majority I have met are just like me - simply so excited about their babies milestones (no matter when they hit them) that they have to share!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awww people are in such a rush for their little ones to grow up. I'd give anything to experience the newborn/baby phase again

I'm sure a lot just are excited, but the ones who see it as a competition will quickly realise that while their little one is good at one thing, yours will be good at something else

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (04-03-2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast