+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i would pull my child out immediately if i knew.
    dd often doesnt sleep at dc, no stress, they take her to the sleep room and rock her, if she sleeps, yay, if not i dont mind.
    they have also told me that they refuse to use cio, even if a parent wants them too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Ratios as they are though, surely there were at least 2 workers assigned to the baby room even before your friend was doing her prac there? So the other worker/s are doing the same thing?

I know not all DC's are like this, infact a vast majority aren't. But this is shocking.
    Most young assistants do as they are told, they know there is a risk of losing hours if they rock the boat, particularly if the group leader is assistant director, and related to the owner as I believe is the case here too. But mummy friend is only on placement there, has no loyalties to the centre, and is a mummy first and foremost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my 4mo is in family daycare for 1 day a week (just started this week) as i had to go back to work.
    my hubby wants to put her in a large daycare as he doesn't like the idea of the family daycare with visiting shops, doing school runs etc. i agree, i don't like the idea of her travelling in a car but i can't bring myself to put her in a large daycare like this.

reminds me of the simpsons episode where maggie was thrown in the giant ball pit with 50 other children.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    "babies love the ball room .... add more balls" lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
    Sounds similiar to where I done my work placement. I subsequently didn't finish that diploma! On my first day a 6 week old baby was left to scream in the cot for the whole 2 hour 'nap time' I was almost in tears. I asked to transfer rooms. I ended up in the pre kindy room where I witnessed one woman repeatedly picking on one particular child. She roughly pushed him into the 'naughty' corner, into his chair for lunch, out the door to play etc. She continuously told him he was naughty and ruins her day! I told the director all of this and then cancelled my placement.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one
    F me! This, and the OP have horrified me. God I hope neither of you are talking about the place my kids at!
    Will either of you name (and shame) the centres involved? I'm sure if anyone here has kids in the centre they'd want to know this
    I feel sick and sad and angry that professional child carers can be so abusive

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find it disgusting that she thinks a child that young could even know how to be manipulative

Do childcare centres have camera's at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
    Sounds similiar to where I done my work placement. I subsequently didn't finish that diploma! On my first day a 6 week old baby was left to scream in the cot for the whole 2 hour 'nap time' I was almost in tears. I asked to transfer rooms. I ended up in the pre kindy room where I witnessed one woman repeatedly picking on one particular child. She roughly pushed him into the 'naughty' corner, into his chair for lunch, out the door to play etc. She continuously told him he was naughty and ruins her day! I told the director all of this and then cancelled my placement.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one
    I have seen that in older rooms too. One worker in the preschool room only liked the smart kids, as she called them. Even then, only the smart kids with confidence. She looked so good on paper, and was so good at lying, nothing was ever done, now she is director of the only centre that does asc where dd is on the waiting list

I also saw one who was rough with babies, would tell them they are ugly, they can wait for the cute kids to finish then they will be fed or have other needs met. One mum was strict on feeding, gave only organic food, and only small amounts. They were an organic vegan family, and I saw this girl share cheesecake and ice cream with the baby. I told her that quite apart from it being disrespectful to the parents, it is also very dangerous to give babies (5mo at the time) food they can so easily react too. The lucky thing was I was taking photos of my toddlers doing art work and took a photo of her feeding the baby and of her flinging another baby from a rocker to a cushion because he wanted her food too but he was 'ugly' so she called him ugly and tossed him aside.

She was in cc only a few months, and now works as a prison guard. She only behaved that way when she thought no one was around. Thank goodness for glass doors and windows!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    F me! This, and the OP have horrified me. God I hope neither of you are talking about the place my kids at!
    Will either of you name (and shame) the centres involved? I'm sure if anyone here has kids in the centre they'd want to know this
    I feel sick and sad and angry that professional child carers can be so abusive
    If nothing happens with letters and reports then I will try to work out how to do it without my friend getting in trouble. But it should be under investigation by next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    That's a big reason why I don't have my kids in CC.

I can't trust others to parent my kids like I do.
    Exactley. How disgusting

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    If nothing happens with letters and reports then I will try to work out how to do it without my friend getting in trouble. But it should be under investigation by next week.
    In my experience DoCS respond quickly. We had an old teacher one day leave me and went out to have a smoke (thought she was taking breakfast plates back to kitchen and go to the toilet) a mum saw her when dropping in her ds and reported it to DoCS. A few days later that carer was fired and a few days later DoCS did a spot check explaining the parents complaint. We knew which parents made the report we were happy about it and told the parent this. She is still one of our parents 6 years later