+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How are they even allowed to operate????

Poor kids :-(

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    According to Accreditation and regulations babies are to follow their own routines, they don't follow a group routine like other age groups.
    I have never known a nursery to run like that and I have worked in childcare 12 years.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

babycart  (18-02-2012),GrabbyCrabby  (18-02-2012),Lovemyfam  (18-02-2012),mrswhitehouse  (18-02-2012),Pinkzy  (18-02-2012),Yep  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Omg! I would report to NCAC and DOCs! That is not quality care at all! breaches many regulations and quality standards!!

I hate when parents want us to use cc on their children it distress me and I end up settling bubs another way.

Our baby's room (0-2) have a generally routine for the day however babies who sleep more than once, are younger or need a different routine have their needs meet accordingly. Our bubs parents fill out general routines that are on display in the room for all teachers to follow since we have stagger shifts and sometimes non baby staff are on close or open.

There is no way I would leave my child there!
    That is shocking!
    Makes me so mad that these Centres give other awesome Centres bad names
    That teacher should definitely not be in the baby's room much less in early childhood education!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (18-02-2012),Lovemyfam  (18-02-2012),PurpleButterfly4  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The parents aren't aware. My mummy friend has written letters and made reports. She has kept documentation to show what time they are put to bed, how long they cried and how long they slept for. The records the parents see just show when they went to sleep and when they woke up, and even then if the sleep less than an hour the records are changed to make it look like they slept at least an hour. If babies under 6 months are provided with enough bottles for 2 hourly feeds, they are put on record as having been fed, but milk is washed out. If they are older, parents are told the baby didn't want it.

Mummy friend is outraged, she had her kids in the nursery there while she studied, and the baby just moved up, which is why she was ok to do prac in the nursery. She feels like the worst parent in the world, thought she just had naturally unsettled, clingy babies, but now thinks anxiety was created by the people who were meant to look after them.

Our policy is that we assist them at rest time if they need assistance right up to the preschool room. If parents of children over 3 request that we don't then we don't, but they are not left alone if they are upset

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of curiosity... How does your mummy friend know all this? Does she work there?

I'd be telling your mummy frie d to contact docs so they can investigate that would probably be the best course of action

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodelly View Post
    According to Accreditation and regulations babies are to follow their own routines, they don't follow a group routine like other age groups.
    I have never known a nursery to run like that and I have worked in childcare 12 years.
    I have never worked in one like that. It is not how we are trained, and goes against every humans instinct when around babies. This is one worker, not a reflection of how centres are meant to run.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand that. But one worker will reflect badly on the whole centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Ratios as they are though, surely there were at least 2 workers assigned to the baby room even before your friend was doing her prac there? So the other worker/s are doing the same thing?

I know not all DC's are like this, infact a vast majority aren't. But this is shocking.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodelly View Post
    I agree, and I've never seen it happen either, and i was a temp worker for a long time, so I've seen loads of centres.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds similiar to where I done my work placement. I subsequently didn't finish that diploma! On my first day a 6 week old baby was left to scream in the cot for the whole 2 hour 'nap time' I was almost in tears. I asked to transfer rooms. I ended up in the pre kindy room where I witnessed one woman repeatedly picking on one particular child. She roughly pushed him into the 'naughty' corner, into his chair for lunch, out the door to play etc. She continuously told him he was naughty and ruins her day! I told the director all of this and then cancelled my placement.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one